Chapter 10

-Eliza-

She was looking through the cupboards above her head on her tippy toes.

"Alaina?!" I asked surprised and she jumped, quickly turning her head in my direction.

"Eliza..." she trailed off looking at me then darting her eyes to the floor with furrowed eyebrows. She looked like she was in deep thought.

She knows my name? How? We never met. How does she know me? Why was she here?

"Uhm, did someone named Alec take you here by any chance..?" She asked nervously.

How did she know that? And him?

I slowly nodded and her pupils grew larger for a moment before back to normal and she let out an unsteady, heavy sigh.

"Oh. Cool...Uh, hi" She uttered uncertainly.

"Hey" I gave a small wave. Well, this was awkward. And where is Alec? I walked back to the living room not wanting to have more awkward conversation.

I sit on a beanbag at the end of the semi circle and watched the burning fire.

Not too long after Alaina came back in with a clear bowl full of grapes. She sat on the beanbag chair on the other end and placed the bowl on the ground in between us.

-Alaina-

I was so weirded out right now.

After school Alec came to get me. He told me all these things about how he "came here to help me" and other shit and somehow convinced me to come to this house, place. He told me to wait in this room thing while he gets 2 more people that I "need" to meet, something about "destiny" I don't even know.

So yeah now I'm here. Waiting for the people that meeting is my destiny. And one of them is already here. And it's Eliza Myles. Eliza. Flipping. Myles. The person my best friend has had a crush on since middle school.

"So, do you have any idea why we're here?" she asked breaking the silence. Her tone stiff and forced.

"Not exactly...Alec might have mentioned it, but I wasn't totally listening." It would really be nice to know what's going on, but he just went on and on and I couldn't listen anymore. It was too much babbling for me.

Eliza repositioned herself awkwardly.

I opened my mouth to say something but before I could even get a word out the door bursts open and in walks Alec.

He walks over to us his whitish blonde hair tucking out of his dark hood "I see you like the beanbags?" he asked smirking. I didn't want to say anything.

I looked over to Eliza who rolled her eyes "Why are we here, Alec?" she asked almost too straightforwardly.

Belle then walked thorough the door "Alec, why did you go in here?" she mumbled in whiny tone and he turned his head at her and purposely coughed.

She looked up and gasped, "Alec..." she trailed "Alec!" Eliza reminded him.

"Um, yeah I'm sure you guys can figure that out on your own. You all have something in common and it's not a thing like a favorite color. See if you can figure it out. Just remember, secrets won't do you any good." He said as if it were the most important thing ever. Winked, his golden eyes shimmered, then he walked out.

Belle looked out the door and walked out a bit before muttering "he's gone"

She slumped down on the empty beanbag chair in the middle

"what do you think he means 'secrets won't do us any good'?" I questioned them.

"no idea." Belle mumbled.

Eliza bit her lip and shuffled uncomfortably.

-Belle-

I couldn't help but notice how anxious Eliza started looking. I felt like she was about to have an anxiety attack.

"Eliza, are you okay?" I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

She nodded over exaggeratedly "Uh huh."

"Are you sure, you look really-"

"I'm fine." she confirmed a little louder.

"You know something." Alaina said squinting her eyes.

"What?" Eliza said forcing a smile.

"Just forget it." Alaina sighed. Obviously not wanting to start an argument waiting to happen.

"So...What now?" I wonder aloud.

"I'm not sure.." Alaina mumbled thinking what I'm sure all of us were. 'We are here, together, for a reason that none of is sure of. What are we supposed to do?'

"I have to go.. But maybe we should meet up here same time tomorrow?" Eliza asks standing up

Alaina and I nod in unison not looking up.

Eliza grabs her backpack and walks out the door.

"I should get going too.." Alaina says raising her head to look at me.

"Oh, okay." I say while she grabs her bag too.

I look back down at the floor.

"But what do you think this means?" She says before leaving.

I hesitate for a moment before looking back up at her. She has the same look on her face that I know I do. I don't say anything. She darts her eyes to the floor before turning head to face the door and walking out.I follow her to see Eliza standing ahead of us, not moving.

"Do you... did you feel that time jump the other day?" Eliza asked, avoiding our eye contact. "We went back in time. I felt it."

"I KNEW IT" Alaina said, "we met, in the nurses office. you both remember, right? I was crippled... and about to die, but then there I was back at school."

Oh my god they know. Maybe this is what Alec meant by no secrets. I have to tell them. I know it. 

They were still discussing the events of my timeturning, deeper in conversation."Guys," I say but they dont hear me, "GUYS!" I said louder finally getting their attention. "It was me."

"what do you mean it was you?" Eliza asked me, taking a step forward.

"I reversed the time, because I felt so bad about hurting you Alaina." I gave her a small smile but she seemed quite shocked.

"You...reversed the time?" she asked confused. "But how?"

"You have powers." Eliza said coming to the realziation, and I nodded in response. No reason in hiding anymore.

"Me too." Eliza whs]ispered, and I couldn't believe it. I thought I was the only one.

"That's what Alec meant, THAT is what we all have in common." Alaina said, "I have powers too. And Alec must too, he was teleporting."

"What does this mean? Why did he bring us here?" asked ELiza skeptically. 

"He said something about training? But i didnt understand what he meant until now...." I said trying to rememeber our conversation from earlier but he was being so mysterioius and vague. It was creepy actually.

"Guys. We all have powers. That is so cool! Lets go show eachother and worry about this later." Alaina said as always trying to brighten the conversation. 

She was right. We all had secret abilities that we have never been able to share with anybody until now, that is a reason for celebration. And they have seen my powers, and somehow remembered the time shift happening. But I had no idea  what they could do yet so I couldnt wait to find out.