Chapter 2

-Alaina's POV-

"Miss Rose!" Mrs. Dallas snapped. I whipped my head to look at her in horror. What is it this time? She should be used to me dozing off in this class by now.

Mrs. Dallas absolutely ruined English class for me. English used to be one of the subjects I actually liked-that I was good at! But then I got my way into this dumb class.

Mrs. Dallas is the strictest English Honors teacher ever and I just had to be in her class. She's the strictest teacher in the whole school actually! But the crazy thing is, some people actually like her! it's not like she favors certain people, she is mean to everybody, but they like her anyway. How on earth could someone like somebody like that? I know I'm sounding really mean, but you have no idea...

"What?" I asked curiously, widening my eyes. She is mad; her eyes are squinting and her wrinkles doubled. For some reason, she reminded me of a squid. Are those things wrinkly? I don't even know...

"We say 'pardon me' in my class. You should know that by now." She sternly warned. I nodded in reply. I'm literally shaking. It's like her goal is to give us all heart attacks, jeez.

"if you want to pass my class, I suggest you pay attention. And that goes for all of you." She eyed the class squinting at about every person. I felt a huge amount if pity for whomever ends up being her next victim.

"Mister Watson!" She barked bitterly at Jeremy the boy who sits to my right, my friend actually. Oh no...Poor Jer.

He didn't even flinch. Her face got angrier, if that's even possible.

He was staring at the girl who sits in front of him. Eliza Myles. He has huge crush on her and he doesn't shut up about her. He was probably daydreaming about her.

Mrs. Dallas took long strides to Jeremy's desk, he still didn't look up. Man, this lady gets on my last nerve. Rolling me eyes, I reached my foot out to kick his. And he jumped a little and glared at me before turning his attention on Mrs. Dallas as she yelled at him. I sighed and pulled out my notebook to begin doodling.

*

"Ugh, I hate that old hag." Jeremy complained as we made our way to my locker. I chuckled and gave my head a little shake.

"Who doesn't?" I laughed opening it and putting my folder inside grabbing a different one.

"Okay I gotta go to my locker. See you at lunch" Jer waved and I said goodbye.

We only shared first period together-home room. On day 1. On day 2 we have last period together. That is it. I don't mind though, there is always lunch and after school. And I had other friends.

I grabbed other supplies that I needed for science, and shut my pale blue locker door, heading to my next class.

All the lockers have colors, which is nice. But some kids freak when they get stuck with a color they don't like. There is light grey, blue, yellow, green and dark grey. Most people prefer blue and green, so I'm lucky, but I really couldn't care less.

I was almost at the top of the second flight of stairs to the third floor, my mind in a whole n'other world. My head was in the clouds thinking about the wonderful, interesting concept of lockers(note the bored ness in there) when I bumped into someone and went tumbling down, down, down.

I sat up from the grey rubbery floor and pain shot through my forehead. I put my hand up to touch it and the pain grew worse. It was throbbing, I just knew it. Oh god, please no. This can't be happening...No...

"Oh my god! I am so, so sorry! Are you okay?" A rushed female voice full of concern sounded from where I fell and I heard loud footsteps running towards me.

"Oh god, your bleeding. I'll get the nurse" she said and ran off. Who is she? Is that the girl who...who...hit me?

My head was spinning. The voice sounded like a remix and the walls were falling and turning. I shut my eyes and tried to open them again. I could see some people watching me, while others rushed to class. They were all doubling in circles. What is happening? I heard the voice again, "she's over there!" And a couple of footsteps came running towards me once more. Then everything, went, black.