Chapter 4

I got home and my neighbor Toni was outside. Hannah, her best friend since forever, came to visit her. Me and Toni were good friends. She helped me get to know the town when I first moved here. I waved to them, then went inside.

I took a hot shower washing all the make up off my face. When I got out I decided to FaceTime Ryane. She took forever to answer, but she finally came through.

"Hey" I said. "Hey, sorry about the other day." she said, "I really was stuck at work." Ryane is lawyer by the way.
"It's ok, someone gave me a ride" I said smiling thinking of Clay. "Who?" asked Ryane. "Was it a guy?"

I just smiled and turned away from the camera. She gasped, "Was he cute?!" she asked excitedly. "Oh my goodness" I started, "he was very, very cute!"

"What's his name?" she asked. "Clay" I said quietly, "Clay Matthews" Ryane's jaw dropped. "Clay Matthews as in Green Bay Packers Clay Matthews" she asked. "Yes" I said "what other Clay Matthews is there!"

We sat there all night talking about what happened the past few days. We talked about how Clay and I first met, when he saved me from Kaepernick, and we talked about his house.

"Did he kiss you yet" asked Ryane. "Well I guess, I don't know" I said. "Tell me!!" she screamed. "Well he kissed me on the cheek, that was it." I said. "Aww" she said smiling.

"Okay," I said, "it's late and you have work in the morning, and I have practice." She sat there smiling "Are you gonna let him take you home again?"

"No I have my car now" I said. "Now good night, I'll talk to you tomorrow" She sighed, "Okay good night girl."

The next day was conditioning day for the cheerleaders. When we were done I tried to get to my car as fast as I could, so that Clay wouldn't see me all sweaty.

My car came into view and right when I thought I was going to make it I heard, "Hey Victoria."

"Damn it" I said quietly. I turned around, I have to admit I was kind of happy to see him. "Hey Clay" I said. I was waiting for him to say something, but he just stood there. "Uhh... do you need something or what" I said, "cause I need to get home"

He had a look of disappointment on his face. "Oh my gosh" I thought, "why does he have to be so cute"

"Well I going to ask if you wanted to" his voice trailed off. I was starting to get really excited inside."Oh my goodness, I think he is about to ask me out." I was starting to get butterflies in my stomach.

"If I wanted to what" I asked wanting him to hurry and ask the question. "Um...if you wanted to go out with me sometime" he asked slowly.

"Oh" I said feeling my face get hot. he probably couldn't tell since I was all sweaty. "Yeah sure, when" I asked.
"Whenever" said Clay.

"Okay, how about tomorrow?" I asked trying not to freak out. "That's great" he said excitedly. "Well where are you taking me" I asked.

"It will be a surprise" he said smiling. "Well should I wear a dress then" I asked. "Yes" he said winking. "Well I pick you up at 7." I gave him a thumbs up and turned to walk away. Then I felt hands grab waist and turn me around.

"You forgot to give me hug" said Clay smiling. I blushed and gave him a hug. He let go of me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I waved bye and walked to my car.

I didn't realize how long we stood there. I sped home, took a shower and ran straight to my closet. "What am I gonna wear??" I asked myself excitedly.