Chapter 3

Chapter 3: What Makes You Beautiful

"Hot off the press! Read all about it!" Niall shouted as he came bursting through the front door the next morning. It was around eleven and neither Louis nor Harry were up. They had an interview at noon and they needed to get up and get ready soon. 

I was sitting on the couch, watching TV as I ate my cereal when Niall spotted me. “Isn’t there a lock on that door?” I asked him. 

"Hi, sweetie," Niall said as he smiled at me. “And yes there is but, they always leave it unlocked. I don’t know why. There are fans in the building…”

"Hey, Nialler," I said as I laughed at his comment. Louis and Harry weren‘t the brightest of the bunch. "Whatcha got there?" I asked, looking at the stack of papers he had.

"Oh! Right!" he said as he made his way over to sit next to me. "So, this morning, I went to the market to get some juice because I ran out and I passed a news stand and there you were. You and Harry are on the front cover of almost every newspaper and every entertainment magazine."

I dropped my spoon in my bowl and stopped chewing, looking at him in awe. "You've got to be kidding me," I said in disbelief.

Niall grinned. "And since I knew you wouldn't believe me, I bought them all," he said as he referred to the stack now sitting in his lap.

"Oh my God," I said before I put my cereal bowl on the coffee table. "Niall! This must've cost you a fortune!" I yelled at him. "Why would you buy them all?" I asked him.

"So, you two can have memories," Niall said with a smirk.

I glared at him. "This is something I don't want to remember all that vividly."

"I know Harry will," he mumbled to himself.

I stared at him. "What's that suppose to mean?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing," he said. "Anyway, you have to read all the headlines."

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes, because I bought like twenty things I don't plan on reading through, other than the sports section and the cartoons, of course," he told me.

I sighed and started placing the newspapers and magazines on the table.

He bought: The Sun, The Times, Daily Mirror, Daily Star, The Guardian, Celebrity Angels, Entertainment Ave, Entertainment Weekly, Hello!, Hollywood Reporter, OK! Magazine, People, PopMatters, Radar, and US Weekly

I ran my fingers through my hair. My face was on the cover of every single one. Whether it was the full front cover or a small picture and a "turn to this page to read more!," I was there. Harry really wasn't kidding when he said we would be on the cover of every magazine. 

Niall grinned. "Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal."

I looked at him and then turned back to the newspapers and magazines scanning them all. This can’t be happening. 

Niall smiled. "Just calm down. It's not like they're saying anything bad. Most of them are happy he's dating someone his own age."

"Yeah, but still..."

"You'll be fine," he cooed.

I sighed. "Okay, which to read first?" 

"Personally, I like the article in Celebrity Angels 'cause they mention how our performance was spectacular last weekend," Niall said with a grin.

I smiled at him, shaking my head. “You guys are always spectacular.”

“Aww, thanks,” he smiled.