The Town Ball

A week goes by. Luffy sat on his throne, he was queen of a nearby kingdom. While the king was Usopp. They agreed that Luffy and Usopp's marriage would unite the kingdoms. But. They didn't love each other. No. They agreed it was more of a friendship then it was a relationship. But it would appease their parents by being wed. So. They went through with it.

Luffy perked up when a guard from his kingdom walked into the throne room. He held a letter and approached the king. He handed it to him the letter. Usopp took the letter and broke the seal of Luffy's kingdom's seal. He opened the letter and started to read it. He smiled turning to his queen.

"Luffy, your brother is getting married." Usopp said.

Perona darted down the stairs, she pushed away her husband snatching the letter.

"Zoro's WHAT?! This can't be true." She said.

"Your highness has found a lovely bride, he's tended to the kingdom with his new queen to his side. You've been invited to the wedding and the ball to meet said princess."

Perona huffed, "Fine, we will attend. We will be there."

And so. Began the assembly of the ball. Invitations for the wedding was sent out, while on every doorstep were invitations to the ball. The people of the village celebrated and got ready for the ball.

Sanji sat on his bed looking out the window. He watched people start to decorate the town with the kingdom's colors. Black and red. He sat with his hands between his knees lost in his own thoughts. Hoping he was going to be a good queen for these people. They looked up to him already, when he wasn't even the princess. The door opened he turned to Zoro who walked in shutting the door. He went to Sanji and took his side. Zoro took Sanji's hand and kissed his knuckle. Sanji only turned back to the window.

"They are going all out huh?" Sanji asked.

"It's tradition. Are you nervous?" Zoro asked.

"Yeah."

"Don't worry, I won't leave your side. I'll be right here." Zoro said.

Sanji nodded clutching Zoro's hand. He looked to Zoro and clutched his hand.

"So, how does this work?" Sanji asked.

The doors were pushed open, Zoro, Mihawk, and Shanks all sat in the throne room. Luffy and Usopp stepped through. Luffy grinned as Zoro got up. Then they tackled each other in hugs. Luffy pulled back clutching his shoulders.

"So. Where is this bride of yours?" Luffy asked.

"He's upstairs, you know no one can see the princess until I bring him down for the ball." Zoro said.

"Blah. That's no fun."

"It's tradition."

Luffy whined as Zoro showed him to his room. Zoro wasn't allowed to see Sanji again until the ball. It would bring bad fortune on the wedding along with the peace of the kingdom. So Sanji sat in his evening dress. He fiddled with the straps of the light blue dress that wrapped around his middle fingers. His eyes wandered to the many flowers on the corset part of the dress. The flowers began to fan out at his hips with little strings of gems hanging off them. On the back was a thin veil like train with the many assortment of flowers. Sanji looked to his hands feeling his nerves and nervousness bundle in his stomach.

"I'm going to be a queen." He muttered.

As the time for the ball was upon them a ship had docked on the island. Perona was proud walking down the steps holding up her ballroom dress. Her hair done up into some pretty hairstyle. She turned to the guards getting onto the ship.

"Don't forget my things!" She said.

Then headed up to the castle. Where the doors were opened to her. As she stepped inside. Her grinned seeing Mihawk get up and step down from his throne. She bolted to him and embraced him. She pulled back holding his arms with a large grin.

"I head Zoro's getting married. Is that true?"she asked.

"That is true." Mihawk sighed.

"What she like? Is she the daughter a wealthy family?"

"Sanji, isn't royal."

She furrowed, "Zoro can't marry her then."

"Your brother is set on marrying Sanji, which is also my fault. I told him he could pick anyone. So. He picked Sanji."

She sighed, "You've gone soft papa."

"Perona!" Luffy cried.

Then glomped onto his older sister. Zoro sighed walking into the throne room. Perona's had snapped to him before trudging over to him. Luffy was clung to her ankle chatting about his kingdom and all. But she wasn't listening anyway. She stood before Zoro with a large mischievous grin across her lips.

"Zoro, Zoro Zoro, why didn't you tell your dear sister you were getting married? What she like?" She asked.

"You have to wait until the ball to meet my bride." Zoro said.

She pursed her lips, "Tell me something Zoro jeez."

"My hands are tied."

Then he left with Luffy to find something to eat. Perona pursed her lips before crossing her arms and following after them.

As the time for the ball began Zoro was in his room looking out the window. He watched people gather into the castle. Everyone dressed in appropriate attire. Zoro opened his window and leaned against the ledge.

"Are you nervous?"

Zoro turned to Sanji's window, seeing he was backed into his room.

"Slightly, but. They are our people, and trust my judgement." Zoro said.

Sanji smiled softly, "You'll save me a dance right?"

"Of course."

"I've been lonely today. After a week of never leaving your side. Then being locked away in here, I. I know I'm sounding-"

"I know, my brother and sister are very excited about seeing you. I had to stop myself from gushing about you."

Sanji snickered going to the window and reaching out to him. But still hid behind the window ceil. Zoro took Sanji's hand kissing his knuckles before gently putting his palm to his cheek.

"Why, why did you pick me?" Sanji asked.

Zoro smiled softly, "Jeez, you still don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Years ago, when you were working in the kitchen. There was a poor boy who was starving to death on your doorstep. Your father said to leave me be, but you didn't. When lost all hope, you. You saved my life with a small dish of food. And from that moment, I know it sounds sappy. But, I fell in love with you. Shanks always said the best way to your lover's heart is through his stomach." Zoro sighed, "Then he force drank my father some alcohol."

Sanji's hand trembled as he sniffled, Zoro turned to Sanji's window.

"H-Hey, wait I didn't mean to make you cry."

"That's the kindest thing someone has ever told me." Sanji sobbed.

Zoro kissed his knuckle again, "Do you still want to be my wife?"

Sanji sniffled before he swallowed thickly, "I do."