Chapter 3: A sunset Picnic

Kellin agreed to let me get ready for the picnic, and told me he would pick me up at my house in an hour.

"This is not a date." Kellin reminded me as I got into my car.

"Sure." I said sarcastically, then I winked at him and drove off.

  As soon as I got home I took a refreshing hot steaming shower and began to pick out what to wear. I mean it was just a picnic and not a date so I should wear something casual, but nice.

After a few minutes of rummaging through my closet I finally picked out what to wear. I got on a pretty sundress that went down to my knees.

It was a little vintage and had black lace on it, with a pattern of black roses. After that I put on my black Vans, and started to straighten my olive brown hair. After a touch of make-up I grabbed my purse and texted Kellin.

"All ready!" I texted him.

"Great! I'm coming by to pick you up now." He said, a smiley emoji following after that.

I smiled and decided to wait on my porch for Kellin. In a bout ten minutes, Kellin's car showed up and he honked at me.

"Hey Lilac, I was thinking of..." He stopped talking and looked me up and down.

"You, look... Pretty!" He said, throwing his hands up in the air in frustration because he couldn't find a better word than, "Pretty".

"Thanks Kel." I said noticing how handsome he looked.

"You're very handsome today." I replied smiling.

He blushed and sat there starring at me for a while, then snapped out of it.

"Um.. sorry, lets go!" He said absent-minded, while opening the car door for me. "Such a gentlemen." I said.

After a short ride, Kellin pulled up into "Greenwild Park." it didn't have a playground, it was just a pretty place to enjoy a sunset or sunrise.

Kellin gestured to a park bench and we walked over and sat down. "It's so pretty!" I clapped my hands, ready to pull out my camera and snap this gorgeous view.

But Kellin was faster than me, he took out his iphone and snapped the sunset, getting me in the picture!

"Nice pic, but you got me in the picture, redo it." I replied after seeing his picture. Kellin laughed and looked at me like I was crazy.

"I want you in the picture." He plainly replied. 'Why?" I asked amused.

"Because you're as pretty as the sunset."

I don't know how, but after he said that we were holding hands. I just looked at him and my eyes said "thank you."

Then my hand crept up next to his, and he allowed my to in case my hand in his. I looked from our hands, to his eyes. His beautiful eyes I couldn't help but to swoon at.

He chuckled and turned his attention on the sunset. I wasn't really paying attention to the sunset, but I just sat there starring at it too. I was thinking. "What if he likes me too?"