Chapter 1

Zayn's POV

I wake up to my alarm bellowing the Selena Gomez song 'Who says?' I guess I chose that song as the first thing for me to hear in the mornings as some sense of motivation...it's not like anyone else in this world helps to remind me that I am 'perfect' or at least 'loved.'

I groan as the broken springs of my bed dig hard into my back interrupting my sad and slightly concerning thoughts, I wouldn't be all that surprised if I gained back problems by my mid twenties. I really need to replace the cheap piece of shit I call my mattress, but at this moment in time that's not really an option. I mean I can barely pay my rent. I eventually hit the 'dismiss alarm' button on my cracked phone after a few unsuccessful attempts and urges to press the snooze option. I lay back down while staring up at my off-white looking ceiling.

After a few minutes of silence I sit up and blink my eyes as the sunlight pierces through the gap in my tatty curtains. Once I have adjusted to the light, I roll off my bed and stumble towards the bathroom to have a shower, I stand under the shower head for a while letting the water plummet onto my hair before washing my hair with apple and fig scented shampoo and rinsing off my body. I wish I could just stay at home, I am dreading this day so much.

Once I freshened up I stand in front of the murky mirror with a towel wrapped around my waist which caught all of the water that dropped from my hair to my chest. I observe my body very carefully. I trace my fingers over my ribs and down to my love handles, why are they even called that? I mean who in their right mind would love this stored up fat which has decided to hibernate on my hips? They are simply disgusting! I sigh and shake off the negative thoughts. I know I shouldn't put myself down so much, but it is just so easy to do!

I put on my over-sized waiter's uniform, which is just a plain black suit, as I can't bare to look at my hideous self for much longer. I walk to my kitchen and look inside my pantry without much hope. Just like I had thought, nothing. I really need to go food shopping, I just hope I can last a week on fruit and microwave meals until my paycheck.

I decide to have an apple and a green tea for my breakfast and scroll through the social media on my phone while eating. When I've finished my very basic meal, which only lasted a few minutes, I slide my iPhone into my back pocket before leaving my apartment and down to the parking lot. I walk down the aisles of cars until I reach my own. The crap car I can only describe as "Shitty Shitty Bang Bang" stares at me, almost mockingly. I scowl at the car and mentally curse myself straight after for acting like a complete weirdo.

I get into the car and turn on the engine, the drive to the restaurant takes about an hour due to the London traffic. After I park my car in the back car park that is only for the workers, I get out and walk into the restaurant through the back exit.

I check myself in and get my notepad and pen, ready to start my long shift of work. Everyone in the kitchen is super excited today as we have a 'special guest' coming in. I mean, I don't understand what all the hype is about, people from all over the world come to our restaurant each day, but this time it's 'different' according to my boss Ed. He's only saying that because this person will bring along some acknowledgement for his food company.

This person will put his restaurant on the map.

This person is no other than the fabulous Liam Payne of One Direction.

Queue eye roll.

(A/N: Hey guys! So this is my first ever fanfiction. This is a pretty short Chapter but I assure you it will get longer. I'm not exactly sure where to go with this story but we'll just see where it takes us..I guess! (: xx)