Chapter 3

Liam parked his range rover in a car park nearby to the restaraunt, not wanting to use their car service. The entire fuss they made over a personality was completely strange to Liam and something he still wasn't used to. He took a look out of the window. Fuck, how is there already a crowd of peope waiting for me? I should have just listened to Simon and brought a security guard along. He scolded himself. Rubbing his sweaty palms against his trousers, Liam took a deep breath.

He opened the cardoor and was instantly bombarded by flashes and questions being thrown around all over the place. It didn't help that the clouds were chucking down rain.

"Liam! Over here!" hundreds of paps shouted at him, all in competition to get the better picture. Shoving their big cameras in his face, Liam mumbled some incoherent things "guys please...can I have some space....can I get through..how many pictures do you guys need...?"

Fans attempted to take pictures with him, but he chose against it as it was just too crowded and unsafe for Liam to be in the middle by himself. After apologising several times to the considerate fans, he hurriedly walked towards the restarunt's entrance with his head down and hands in his pockets.

Once he finally managed to get into the building, he looked around. He was instantly welcomed in by a ginger guy in a suit, he leads Liam to one of the back tables which is apparently his finest. He took a seat by a window and glanced at the other tables. Around him are couples, families and friends all laughing together. I should have brought Louis or anyone along, he thought to himself and sighed.

Sinking into his chair slightly, he picked up the menu. There wasn't much point in Liam reading through the menu as Simon already told him what he was to get but either way, Liam didn't want to sit awkwardly doing nothing - especially when that guy was still staring at him.

After a few minutes, a waiter walked out of the kitchen with a notepad and pen. He was a small, frail boy whom was wearing a suit that was ten sizes too big. His raven hair was shaped into a perfect quiff with only a few loose strands. The two young adults connected eyes for a few seconds, the shorter one's big bambi eyes staring into Liam's chocolate ones. The waiter begun walking towards him, Liam shifted in his seat and ran his hand through his hair. You got this Liam, he convinced himself.

"Hello, I'll be your waiter for today," he said politely, his Bradford accent seething through.

"Hi..." Liam leant closer to be able to read his name tag and smiled brightly "....Zayn...Do you perhaps have a towel or something I could use...this wasn't exactly the look I was going for when I left my house" He chuckled lightly, "I probably look like a wet dog"

Zayn smiled ever so slightly "umm...y-yeah..we do..have towels.." He stammered out and rushed to the staff toilets, after grabbing a fresh towel, he made his way back to the table. "H-here" He said slightly out of breath.

"Thanks love.." Liam said and dried his hair.

"N-no problem.." He grabbed his notepad and pen from the table.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked while shuffling his feet and looking at his notepad.

"Can I have the cream chicken and mushroom with pesto pasta please?"

He scribbled the meal down onto his notepad and gave a small nod "And what beverage would you like to have with it?"

"Can I have a glass of white wine please?" Liam asked with a smile plastered on his face. The smaller boy gave a nod and wrote it down.

"Your meal will be here soon.." Zayn mumbled before excusing himself, he walked back to the kitchen and ripped off the paper before giving the meal order to the chef. He sat on a chair while waiting for the meal to be prepped as the restaurant wasn't very busy during the day so there weren't many other tables for him to serve.

//

Zayn pushed the kitchen door open with his back and slid through. He walked to table number 4 and put the plate down along with the wine. He poured the white wine into the glass.

"Thankyou" Liam hummed "..your shoe laces are undone.." He said lightly with that smile still on his face. Liam wasn't lying about the shoe laces, but a part of him just wanted the small boy to stay for longer.

Zayn looked at his feet and smiled back awkwardly, he arched over to tie them up as he was not risking falling over in front of Liam Payne. He didn't want to be a laughing stock, besides Liam would probably go and tell all his other snobby rich friends about the ridiculous waiter who tripped over his own two feet. Zayn's thoughts were cut short with the voice of the taller man,

"Hulk, really? I'm more of a Batman kinda guy" Liam chuckled as Zayn's trousers fell down ever so slightly when he kneeled down revealing the top of his marvel boxers.

Zayn immediately sprung up, his face bright red and eyes glossy. He swallowed thickly "enjoyyourmeal" he mumbled really fast before sprinting back into the kitchen. He went to the staff toilets and splashed some cold water on his face. He probably thinks I'm some 4 year old! He muttered to himself.

Zayn knew that soon he would have to go to his table again to give Liam the cheque but he was just too embarrassed. Zayn just showed off his marvel boxers in front of Liam Fucking Payne.

An hour seemed to zoom past and Zayn took short, fast breaths which could only resemble his heart beat. He pulled his trousers up as high as they could possibly go and picked up Liam's bill. After a few moments or preparation, Zayn swung open the kitchen door and headed towards the dreaded table 4. Yet again.

Zayn waddled to him and put the bill on the table "Your cheque," Zayn said in a barely audible voice. Liam gave him a small smile in return "Thanks,"

Liam had made some-what of a plan to make Zayn feel more comfortable around him and loose his prejudice, he could tell Zayn was tense around him. While looking at the bill, Liam pretended to accidentally drop his fork by his feet "Oh sorry.." He mumbled and went to pick it up, but just like he had expected Zayn beat him to it and quickly went to pick up the fork. As Zayn bent over, Liam tugged slightly at his trousers to reveal his Batman themed socks. Maybe this would show to Zayn that just because Liam was famous, it didn't mean he was any different from other people.

Zayn stood back up and put the fork on the table. He brushed off his suit and gave Liam a genuine smile, a comfortable smile.

Liam took out his credit card from his wallet so Zayn lead him to the credit card reader. Once he paid for his meal, they exchanged goodbyes and continued on with their days.

Afterall, Zayn was just a cute waiter that happened to serve a nice man who shared his love for superheroes.

(A/N: The grammar in this is probably awful so I'm very sorry 😅 The next chapter is going to be a texting conversation so expect a different lay out. Bye!! Xx)