One Look Is All It Takes

Special AU request by AyanoMiraculous ❤️

Since she was thirteen, Marinette had been holding special ability: With the glance of an eye, Marinette could turn anyone to stone. For nearly four years, she's been hiding deep into the woods, in a small cottage, unable to control her special powers.

Without being able to look at anyone, Marinette has grown incredibly lonesome and sad. Without even seeing her parents for so long, she's missed being loved.

Little did this young teenage girl know that her life would be changed by a simple teenage boy her age. When she heard the voice of a male, she froze and shut her eyes. Covering them with her hands, she stood to her feet and turned to the source.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" Marinette asked, her voice trembling as she attempted to speak with authority.

"Why are you covering your eyes? I swear, I'm not that ugly. At least I don't think," he mumbled the last part with a small chuckle.

"I-I asked you first! Tell me what you're doing here!" Marinette demanded, squeezing her eyes shut as she held her hands over them.

"I'm Adrien. I moved around here with my mother and father, but I began exploring and had to use the restroom. Is it alright if I use yours?" He asked her.

Marinette wanted to uncover her eyes and see what was beyond the vision enclosed by her hands, she wanted to see the face of the boy who spoke.

"Sure, come with me," Marinette muttered, still holding her eyes shut. She felt around with a free hand as Adrien followed.

"Miss, you don't have to close your eyes. It's alright," Adrien tried to assure her.

"No, no. I know my way around here. Just trust me, you don't want me to look at you," Marinette begged.

"It would be alright. Hey, I bet you've got the most beautiful eyes," Adrien chuckled with a sincere smile.

"Here's the bathroom. Don't forget to flush," Marinette stumbled into the doorknob with a blush invading her cheeks. She opened the door and walked in the opposite direction.

"Thanks for letting me use your bathroom!" Adrien yelled out with a smile before closing the door.

Once the doorknob clicked in place, Marinette carefully removed her hands from her face and slowly opened her eyes to make sure he wasn't in her line of vision. Once she was sure, she fell back on her bed with a sigh.

She heard the toilet flush, and she quickly covered her eyes again.

"So what's your name, Miss? And why do you keep covering your eyes?" Adrien asked her.

"I-I um... go by Ladybug. I'm just not supposed to look at anyone," she replied nervously.

"Hey, you can look at me," he replied, her breath shortening as she felt his come closer.

"I really can't. You don't understand," Marinette warbled.

"There's no need for warbling. And don't be scared. It's all going to be okay. Are your parents here?" He asked, slowly placing his hand on her shoulder in a friendly manner.