Genderswap Transformation AU

Special AU request by Yurripeiwasawa 💙

Quick note: The duo are genderswapped in this AU!
Marinette's name as a boy is Marin,
Adrien's name as a girl is Adrienne.
(Also Chloe is Clovis)

Admittedly when Marin received the earrings that changed his life, he was a bit frightened. The opposite went for Adrienne Agreste when she received the special ring.

This may sound normal for an average citizen with new superpowers, but there was a whole other reason for their shock and surprise rather than just gaining new powers.

Let's start from Marin's first experience.

His first day of school had just happened and he ran home to hide once he saw the akuma monster. However, when he found a jewelry box sitting on his desk, it took him by surprise.

What really confused him was when he opened it to see a pair of spotted earrings. Obviously he assumed the earrings were for his mother and was mistakenly left in his room, but he was stopped by a red flash of light that contained a fairy-like bug with gigantic blue eyes.

"Hello, my name is Tikki," the small bug introduced herself to him. From there, she began to explain why he must wear the earrings, but had left out a huge part of the explanation.

"Spots on?" He repeated after her once she told him what he must say to transform.

Suddenly he was engulfed in a red light, then covered in spandex. Without his knowledge, his hair was grown and tied into pigtails with red ribbons.

"Tikki?" Ladybug squeaked out, then jumped at the sound of the higher-toned, feminine voice.

No... no. Was he a girl?

When Ladybug looked into the mirror, he saw his newly big blue eyes with longer eyelashes, wavy blue hair with bangs, and obviously a newly shaped body.

"I'm a girl?!" Ladybug nearly screamed.

Okay... okay. Marin, you have to get ahold of yourself. This is freaky, but you've dealt with freaky things before. Mainly Clovis. Anyways, you've got to get used to your new powers! Never mind the gender swap. I've been gender swapped!!! How can I just ignore a huge difference?!

Ladybug was having a temporary panic session in his mind as h looked to his waist to see a yoyo.

"What is this supposed to be?" He whispered to himself. Without thinking, he threw it and it latched on to something outside, causing him to get swept away by the force of his yoyo string.

• • •

"I'm going to be a dude while I'm transformed? I'm probably going to be really hot," Adrienne laughed once she was done listening to part of her kwami's explanation.

"I wanna try out these cat powers of mine! What do I say?" She asked, full of excitement.

"Claws out, but I'm not done yet. There's a thing I have to-" Plagg was saying, but she cut him off with her transformation phrase.

"Plagg, claws out!" She flicked her wrist out in feminine fashion.

Her hair was shortened and she was covered in leather. Once her transformation was complete, she sighed and looked in the mirror.

"I think I'd be cuter in cat ears as a girl," Chat spoke with her new masculine voice, "But nevertheless, I'm actually really hot."

Looking at her staff, she pulled it out. Within moments, she was able to figure it out. However, she was cut off by a flying girl in a spandex suit who landed on her, causing the two of them to get tied up.

"I'm assuming you are in the same situation as me," Ladybug laughed apologetically.

"If you mean new powers and new gender, you got that right," Chat winked, hoping somehow that her new partner was a cute boy in civilian form.

"So you must be my new partner! My kwami mentioned that I'd have a partner in crime... of saving Paris," Chat corrected herself.

"So you're actually a girl who was gender swapped when you transformed, right?" Ladybug asked Chat Noir curiously as he began to untangle them.

"You got that correct, dudette. So you're actually a boy right? I'll just call myself... Chat Noir!" Chat told him.

"In civilian form, I'm a boy. And my kwami did not explain that I would become a girl!" Ladybug frustratedly added.

"Ooh, that must've been crazy. What do you want me to call you?" Chat asked him, cringing once the two of them fell from his yoyo and on the floor.

"Other than Ma-madly clumsy, I think I should probably call myself... Beetle?" He suggested with the hopes he could sound more masculine with his new feminine role.

"How about Ladybug? You look like a ladybug," Chat Noir giggled.

"Then I sound like a... nevermind. I'll just go with Ladybug," he sighed sadly.

"Hey, we might have to deal with these new adjustments, but remember that I'm your partner. I'm going through this thing with you, so you're not alone," she told him with a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks Chat Noir. We'll be good friends," Ladybug smiled with thankfulness hinted.

"I bet one day, I'll be able to see how hot you are as a boy," Chat winked, giggling with her new masculine voice.

"Let's not think too far ahead, Kitty," he laughed.

"Now let's go find that monster and take it down," Chat told him, grabbing her staff to prepare for their oncoming first battle.

"We've got this," Ladybug nodded, taking his yoyo and walking alongside his new partner.

Hope you enjoyed!
I take requests for one-shots! If you have any ideas, feel free to comment down below! 💖