The Truth

300 years or so later – North Pole:

"Come back here!"

"Catch me if you can!" yelled Jack.

For some reason, Aster was more grumpy today, which apparently annoyed a certain forever-10-year-old-winter-spirit who then saw fit to throw a snowball at the Pooka's head.

Bullseye.

Usually it took more than a single snowball to initiate a chase but it looks like today is a special day because they've been running around the Workshop and dodging Yetis for about two hours before the rationally decided to stop.

"Yeti!"

"Ahh!"

With shouts of surprise, they both tried to stop their momentum, but only managed to crash into a tower of toys.

Aster sat up, groaning from his sore muscles, only to realise that Jack was nowhere to be found.

"Frostbite?... Jack?"

Near him, a present box started to shake.

"What the-"

He took the lid off and saw Jack, tangled in tinsel, and started to laugh.

"It's not funny!"

"Yeah, it kinda is Snowflake." said Aster, still chuckling. "How did ya got in there?"

"I don't know! A little help?" asked Jack pathetically.

Bunny got up and prepared to get him out but before he could, he catched a glimpse of the ankle-biter's sheepish grin and freaked out when he saw her grin.

He put the lid back on the box.

Jack didn't apreciate that.

"HEI!"

A few minutes later, Bunny was staring into space when the rest of the guardians arrived.

"Where's Jack?" asked Tooth.

Aster took the lid off the box and Jack, covered from head to toe in glitter and tangled in tinsel, got up making jazz hands and yelling "Merry Christmas!", just to spite Bunny.

An hour later:

Tooth was looking with worry at the Easter Guardian that was staring into space today for the forth time already.

"Hei Bunny?"

Aster snapped out of his trance and looked at her.

"Hmm?"

"Jack said he had some seasonal work to do so he had to go. He should be back in an hour or two, but I wanted to ask you why were you so edgy this morning. What's wrong?"

"It's..."

Bunny mumbled something.

"What?"