What if 3

'Your fault. Just like Finn.' His mind kept repeating like a broken record, again and again, as the winter child tried to keep the tears in.

He should have seen it coming. If he'd been just a little faster, better, maybe…

Maybe…

Maybe…

Maybe

Did he even deserve to see his memories?

He always found a way to mess up. For as long as he could remember that was the way things were.

Your fault.

What if whatever happened was – What if he did something and…

What if he was the reason, he was stuck like this? Alone? Unwanted? The odd one out? The youngest seasonal ever and not just by a year or two, but by at least seven. The only one without any memories, any past, to relate to.

Your fault.

Did he do something to end up like this?

His pale fingers touched the glass creating a frosted drawing of Sandy.

Your fault.

Sandy is – was a great Guardian. A great person, too. He waved at Jack a couple of times at night.

He was useful. Respected. Loved.

That arrow should have hit Jack. The kids wouldn't even notice if he suddenly… disappeared.

Without Sandy…

A soft thump snapped him out of his thoughts, and he lifted his head.

Bunny looked at him expectantly from his spot right in front of him and Jack clenched his hand, fighting the urge to play with the old bracelet tied to his wrist.

Was he going to tell Jack off for what happened? To make him apologize or – or kick him out?

Jack thought that after all that chase game and the jokes, they might have at least overcome the Blizzard of '68 / Kidnapping err…. stuff?

As strange as the whole situation between the two of them was… With Bunny hating him, then ignoring him, then out of nowhere joking with him…

Jack liked the Easter Guardian. He wasn't even sure why; He didn't know a single thing about him! But there was something about Bunny that was… soothing? Calming? Which made absolutely no sense and it frustrated Jack to no end that he couldn't make out why.

What he did know was that he wasn't ready to be left alone all over again just like that. He couldn't handle that.

Aster spoke before Jack managed to decide if bolting was the solution out of this mess.

"How are yah feeling?"

Jack blinked.

That's a new one…