I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 8]

Chapter 8 - Knife

I picked up my phone that sat on the nightstand. Shelby must be out of work by now. Before I dialed her number there was a knock on my door.

"Yes?" I turned around.

Jordan peeked around the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course."

He walked in and left the door cracked open an inch. He had something in his hand but I didn't ask because I knew he was going to tell me. He came and sat down on the bed.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Here" He handed me a brown long case.

"What is it?" I asked taking it from his hand.

"Open it."

I opened it up and remembered what Jordan told me earlier today.

"Why do you have this?" I asked staring at the knife that could instantly kill Jordan.

"Nile and I were talking and we want you to have it."

"No I don't -."

"Take it." He interrupted. "We both agreed that, if anything happens, if any harm comes to you, you have the right to use that against us."

"You know that I would never do that."

"If your life was in danger you would."

I shook my head. "Take it back." I said holding it out to him.

"No, a lot of things are going on and this is for your own protection."

I stared at the silver spear. It had a sharp point to it and angled off like a triangle. It was long and had a black jewel in the middle of it. It shimmered in the light.

"Have you used this before?" I asked.

"We won't get into that now. Just make sure you put that in a safe place."

I closed the brown case and opened the drawer to my nightstand. Placing it in there gently I glanced at the top of it. Lenox Trent. His father?

"This was your fathers." I said.

"Yes, it was."

"Your father was human?"

He didn't answer back. I pushed the drawer in and look at Jordan who didn't know what to say.

"My father . . . he was human."

'Some vampire hunters have them.' The words flowed into my head.

"He was a vampire hunter."

The room suddenly got cold and dark. As soon as I said it I wanted to take the words back. Jordan's eyes were very glassy like he was in a daze.

"You found out quickly." He said.

"I remember Nile telling me he was human when I first came." I sat on the bed next to him. "Then you told me that some vampire hunters have those. I figured that your father was one."

"Yes, he was a vampire hunter."

"I don't get it though. If he was a vampire hunter how was he your father?"

"Punishment?" He shrugged saying it. "He was one of the most violent vampire hunters ever lived. Even for a human he was a threat for vampires. I was born human just like you, unaware of anything. I never knew my dad was a vampire hunter . . . until that day I got turned into one. Like most vampires they want revenge. My dad killed a vampire that was partners with the head vampire."

"Was this the man that was at -?"

"Yes, this was the man that was at the mansion a year ago. The man wanted revenge and turned me into one of them."

"Just like that?"

He nodded. "One drip of a vampire's blood."

"You turn them into vampires by their blood?"

"They inject blood into yours. When they pierce their teeth into you it injects both a poison and their blood."

"I don't get it, what if they suck your blood?"

"That's a different concept. They have a choice if they want to inject it or not."

"So . . . how did your father die?"

"He grew old." He looked down at the floor. "After his own son was turned into a vampire he stopped hunting them. He met a witch, who is still alive today, and she helped him out a bit. She gave him a mansion and supplies." He smiled to himself. "He made the mansion for vampires who needed a place to stay. It's shocking how he is one second violent and against them to helping them."

"It's because his own son was one of them. Knowing that you were one of them he probably didn't want to do it anymore."

"That day I got turned into a vampire was the day my father told me he was a hunter. He asked me to join him."

"Why did they go after you though? Wouldn't they want to go after him?"

He shook his head. "If they killed him I would also know what happened. It would be too suspicious if two humans ended up dead. So he went after me. My father almost died from me. He said it was his fault that I was turned into a vampire and that I wanted the desire of blood. That's when, the pills come in. He created the pills. Some vampires take them and others don't. It was one of the best inventions he made. He never hated me for what I was, but he never wanted to be a vampire just because I was. Many years later he died of old age. He left the mansion and all of the information that was within it."

I bit my lip trying to grasp all the information he was giving me. He was turned into a vampire for what his father did yet never killed his own son for what he was. He had all the power to kill him but didn't. Jordan glanced at me with glossy eyes. Before I knew it Jordan was leaning into me and I was following his own movement without realizing it. He kissed me softly and slowly taking in every moment of it. His hands touched mine and then forced me to lie down on the bed.

I was kissing a vampire. Something that I would never imagine happening. Jordan is different somehow from last year. I can't explain it but something changed, in a good way. Pain suddenly shot up my arm. Jordan had a tight grip on my arm. I stopped kissing him and looked at my arm.

"Jordan you're hurting me." I said.

I looked at him who looked like he was in a total daze. Like his soul left his body. His grip was tighter on my arm.

"Jordan!" I yelled.

He snapped out of it and hissed. He quickly backed away from me and looked away.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

He rubbed his face. "Are you okay?" He asked turning it around on me.

I looked at my arm and rubbed it. It was red but nothing I couldn't handle.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

He stood up and didn't dare to glance at me. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight." He walked out of my room and shut the door.

I replayed what just happened in my head. He was hurting me . . . He's never hurt me before. Not like that.