Chapter 31

Chapter 31
Heartbeat

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
--------------------
I opened the front door and went over to the ocean. With each step I took the ocean started to come into view. I then started to run. I came to a stop and looked down to see my shoes on the sand close to the water. I fell to my knees and allowed my hands to land onto the sand as it turned into fists. My ears flattened against my head as my tail rested on the sand.

Let's answer these questions...

"Why am I still alive?" I asked to no one in particular.

Because you fought...

"How am I alive?" I asked.

How...got stabbed...shot...used...because you're inhuman...

"Why do I exist?"

Because....

I allowed my mind to stay silent as opened my fist and allowed my palms to be on the sand.

"What did I expect from another inhuman begin! I didn't ask to be alive! I never asked to survive! I asked to be with my mom not here!" I shouted as a single tear fell from my eye and onto the sand.

E.J's P.O.V
-----------------
I listened to (Y/N)'s voice without any movement.

"To me, it seemed like she did care about you...." Whispered A.R slightly.

I lifted my head to see her leaning against a white pole near the sofa. I just stared at her through my empty sockets.

"Do you have nothing to say?" She asked as she crossed her arms and stared out the window. "Do you care about her?" She asked.

"I...I...do not...know..." I whispered out.

"Well, first your inhuman-"

"Immortal...."

"What?" She asked looking at me.

"I'm immortal...." I stated.

"That no good excuse...." She said glaring at me.

"What?" I now asked.

"I said that's not a good excuse! If you want I'll untie you and if you don't want me here I'm okay with that as well I'll leave if you want." She said lifting her hands up as I sign of defeat.

"Untie me," I commanded.

She nodded her head yes. And went behind me. I felt the ropes start to loosen up. A.R then stood up and walked towards the hallway. My gaze then went towards my mask which was on the floor.

I stood up and walked over the door. I placed my hand on the doorknob and twisted it. I then opened the door and walked over to the ocean without my mask on.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
-----------------
I listened to the footsteps that made a crunching noise every time they stepped over the sand. I then felt someone place their hand on top of my head. They started to pet my ears slightly.

"Why am I alive?" I asked the person.

"Who knows...you were betrayed right?" Asked the person.

"Ya...by my dad...mom...and E.J," I responded softly.

"What did your dad do?"

"He killed my mom..." I whispered.

"What did your mom do?" They asked.

"She left me alone..." I whispered even softer.

"What did E.J do?" They asked a little softly.

"...He earned my trust...and broke it so easily...." I whispered closing my eyes for a few seconds before opening it again to be looking at the water hitting the rocks and the shore. "All three of them...betrayed me...." I choked out.

"What would E.J need to do to have you forgive him?" They asked.

"Show me that you care...." I whispered softly.

With that, he wrapped his arms around me as I laid my head onto his chest listing to his heart beats.

"I'm sorry...." He whispered softly.

I then felt him place his lips on the top of my head. He tightens his grip around me as I held onto his arms as well. I stared out onto the ocean as the sun slowly rose up making the dark blue sky turn into a beautiful mixture of orange, pink, light blue, and purple. I tighten my grip on his arms as I listened to his steady heartbeats never wanting this moment to end.

Published: May 26, 2017
First Edit: June 19, 2017