Chapter Two

My brother is coming home. He's back from the airforce, and he's been honorably discharged for medical purposes. That was all the telegram said, except for the fact that he was flying home today, so I'm going to pick him up at the military base airport and brim him to my new house, with my new car to meet my new boyfriend. It's a lot to take in.

After waiting a good twenty-five minutes I spot my brother, pulling a small suitcase behind him and tugging it out of the terminal. He spots me and his eyes go wide. I start running to him and once I meet him I'm greeted with a huge hug, which he drops his bag to deliver.

We stand like that for what seems like hours before he pulls away and grips my shoulders, staring me in the face.

"You've gotten so old!" I roll my eyes and punch him in the arm.

"Just because you're younger doesn't mean I'm sixty seven with eighteen cats." He grins a smile that I can now compare to Peter's. I stand up on my tip-toes to swat him jokingly on the back of the head. He pouts and moves one hand from my shoulder to the back of his head.

"That hurtssssss." He whines, but I, once again, roll my eyes.

"It doesn't hurt that bad, baby."

"It really does, little sis." I scoff at this

"I'm older then you!"

"And I'm a Pisces who likes long walks on the beaches. Want more irrelevant facts?" I laugh and hug him once more before picking his backs up.

"I've missed you, Arrie." He groans at the use of the nickname.

"My name, is Arlo, Maggie."

"And I'm a Pisces who likes long walks on the beach. Want more irrelevant facts?"

"Touché." I open the trunk of the car and help him put his suitcase in. I close the trunk and skip to the drivers seat.

It's only a few minutes drive from the airport to my new house, and the drive over is filled with Arlo catching me up on his life, and vice versa. I don't mention Mike, because that would feel like opening up a fresh wound. When we pull up outside of my house, Micky's car is in my driveway, leaving me to park on the street. I sigh, and try to think back in case Micky told me he was coming over. After a few moments in thought I park the car on the street and turn the engine off.

I glance to Arlo, who's eyeing my house down.
"Woah, that's not what I expected."

"My job has a pretty nice salary." He shrugs.

"I guess so. Who's car is that?"

"My friend Micky's- I'm not sure why he's here though." Arlo glances from the car to me worriedly.

"He? Are you dating him? You should have told me-" I laugh and shake my head no.

"No way am I dating Micky. We're friends." I open my car door and step outside of it, and once Arlo is out, I get his bags from the trunk and lock the car. I try to pick out my house key as we walk to the front door. After I find it amongst my work key, my car key, my backdoor key, my spare key and the key to the house that I was currently renting out to a very nice family, I unlock the door and step inside.

Arlo and I continue to ramble on about other things as we walk to the kitchen. I set my bag down on the counter and point at the hallway, to my brother's new room.

Only then did I realize that Mike was sitting at the kitchen counter.

Wowowowowowowowow Arlo is a cinnamon roll