Prologue

Oikawa Tooru was just nursing his poor, aching heart from the sheer pain of losing against Karasuno. Losing against Kageyama.

He wasn't a genius. He worked hard to get where he was and still, he lost against the famed reformed King.

Sure he was moping around. That was expected. He was petty and childish, he was allowed to sulk!

But... he didn't really expected his mother to blow her fuse on him!

"NOW THAT'S ENOUGH OF SULKING AROUND, YOU STUPID BOY!" A red faced Oikawa Terumi yelled, her brown eyes lit up in anger and her lips formed into an angry scowl at him. "YOU WILL STOP THIS AND YOU BETTER LISTEN TO ME, YOU STUPID SON!"

"Nice one, Tooru." His father, Oikawa Takuma said dryly "You pissed off your mother. Great."

"Otou-san!" He hissed to his father who just sat calmly on the sofa "Move your ass and save your only son!"

His father shook his head "No way am I going against that" pointing to his angry, red faced mother "just for a stupid son who earned a demon's wrath- GAH!" His father fell to the floor, unconscious.

"TOU-SAN!"

Not far away from his father's unconscious body, was a lone pink slipper.

"SERVES THAT BASTARD RIGHT!" His mother screamed, apparently his father had the mistake calling her a demon in her vicinity "NOW YOU-" his body shook as his mother approached him with a scary smile "WILL HAVE A NICE TALK WITH MUMMY"

Stopping in front of him, she calmed herself. Oikawa felt relieved he wouldn't be punished with her being angry but that quickly disappeared when his mother smiled at him sweetly, but her eyes were cold.

She placed an arm on his shoulder, and quickly and effortlessly, she brought him to his knees with wide frightened eyes.

"K-Kaa-chan-" her grip on his shoulder tightened "Now, now Tooru. What did we talk about when Mummy is scolding her baby?" He froze "The baby will have to listen quietly and shut his damn mouth"

"Now Tooru, as your mother I am getting tired of you moping and sulking around with a depressed face and it pisses me off. I know how much you love that sport but I will not let my only son act like a damn school girl who got rejected for another girl!"

"Hey thats just-" SMACK "Ow! Kaa-chan!"

His mother ignored him and smiled at him again, with the cold, sinister sweetness his mother could only pull off.

"From now on, you are banned from Volleyball and anything related to it." "No Kaa-chan!" "Yes, Kaa-chan! So that means you have a lot of free time! And my long time childhood friend just contacted me the other day, and she invited us to spend our vacation with her family! Isn't that nice of her? And I've decided we will be going! We will be spending the rest of summer with them!"

"But Kaa-chan, I can't! I p-promised Iwa-chan that I-" his mother cuts him off immediately "and he approved you going! Just like your sweet, smart mother, Hajime was getting tired of you sulking around!" Traitor! " And besides, I'm your mother. I get to order you around and I expect you as my son to follow it."

"You can't do that! You can't make me you-you witch!" He yelled, only to squeak in fear at the glare and at the sight of the sinister smile.

"This witch brought you into this world, Tooru." She gave a blood-chilling smirk "And she can take you out."

He paled.

"Now, will you obey Mummy obediently like a goody son?"

"...Yes, Madam."

"Very well!" She clapped her hands and smiled again, he shuddered "Now go and wake your deadbeat father and pack your things-and do I have to remind you no Volleyball?"

"No Volleyball."

"What a good son I have!"

_★_

"Kiyoko-chan! Guess what?! Guess what?!"

"Otou-san," "Yes dear?" "Did you let Okaa-san have coffee again?" "I'm afraid she snuck off and drank when I wasn't paying attention"

"Mou, you two are so boring!"

"The two of us are your husband and daughter dear,"

"Okaa-san, you should go and rest."

"See?!"

"Your being ridiculous again, Hana."

"Oh whatever, Kaito!"

"Okaa-san, what were you going to say?"

"Oh, I'm glad you asked Kiyoko-chan!" Dodged the bullet. "I've reunited with my childhood friend and turns out, she was in the same city for the last 20 years! Funny isn't it?"

"...Otou-san..." "Not now, sweetie... I need to know how they contacted."

"And she's spoken to me about how dull her summer was and I told her mine was definetely going to he dull and then an idea came and I invited her and her family over for the summer!"

"...Oh... So Takuma and Terumi will be here for the... rest.. of the... summer..."

"Yes! And we're all going to be having fun!"

"Otou-san, are you okay?" Thud. "Otou-san just fainted, Kaa-san."

"Serves him right for purposely withholding information about Terumi."