IV

Oikawa Tooru sighed, and stopped.

This is too boring, he thought There were barely any houses and those looked like they were own by shutted-in people. By NEETS. By introverts!

"Maybe I could call Iwa-chan," the filthy traitor, "He's definitely going to deal with me because I'm going to annoy him pretty bad he'll tear his hair off-" He patted his pockets, the back, front and the sides.

He frowned "Where the heck is my phone-" his eyes widened and paled "I left it on the living room! I freaking left it where my mother is trying to maim Hana-san's husband!" He slapped his forehead and silently cursed his stupidity.

"Oikawa-san?" A soft voice asked, "Are you alright?"

Ah, a girl he thought, she's probably a fangirl he sighed, hand still on his face.

"No." He answered bluntly, "I left my phone to die in the living room where my mother is trying to hurt someone. I left my phone to die!" His indifferent voice disappeared, and soon after, he started to whine like a kid "Noooo!"

"I'm sure it'll be alright. Your mother might see your phone and place it somewhere safe-" "No." He snapped and glared at the girl who had shoulder length hair that was the color of dark black ink with pretty grey eyes behind her glasses. Oikawa noted that she had a distinctive mole on her lower left mouth  "It won't. My mother is a wild, violent witch who banned me from playing Volleyball. Actually," he pauses "She doesn't have the right to ground me! I'm an adult in the eyes of the law and she can't ground an adult! So I can go and practice whenever I want and sulk each time I feel like it!" Oikawa exclaimed and turned to the girl "Right Ex-Manager of the Karasuno Team-" and he made another pause, before staring at the girl with a flabbergasted expression, his eyes wide in surprise and his mouth hanging open "Wait what?!"

The girl looked at him with concern "Are you alright?" She asked "Did you hit your head?"

He scowled at her "No."

She nodded at him "I see." He knew she didn't and Oikawa felt an eyebrow twitch in irritation.

He sighed and forced himself a smile "So, what's a pretty ex-manager of the Karasuno team doing here?" He grinned at her "Was she stalking me? Are you perhaps, an undercover fan of mine and you couldn't resist the temptation and-Eek!" He shrieked like a girl when the girl delivered a stabbing motion to the side of his stomach "W-what did you do that for?!" He exclaimed, slowly inching away from her.

Her stoic expression didn't change, but the corner of her lips was down indicating that she was frowning in irritation.

"Maa, pretty-chan don't be irritated by me-" her eyes slightly widen "Be in love with me instead- Eek!" He shrieked in unmanly manner once again and glared at her as he holds the other side of his stomach "Stop it!"

"You know," she tilted her head at him cutely "For a popular man like you that is loved by your hundreds of adoring fans across the land, you probably have the sweetest shriek of them all."

"Did you just make a joke?" Oikawa asked and noted that this was their 'official' meeting. She was talking to him and she just made a joke!

She looked at him, unimpressed and raised an eyebrow "what do you think?" She asked and continued "Probably not since half of it was the truth."

He flushed for the 3rd- or was it 4th?- time in embarrassment. He clenched his teeth "what is with these women today who just kept pushing my buttons?" He muttered

Apparently, she heard him and gave a tiny smile at him "Is it working?"

And Oikawa was stilled for a moment. Time slowed down for him as he remembered who she was, the stoic and silent beauty manager- well, ex-manager of the Karasuno Volleyball club. From what she heard, she spoke rarely and ignored most of the opposite sex, most likely the ones who kept hitting on her, with the exception of the Karasuno Volleyball team.

And here she was, the pretty little lady who had just conversed with him and made a joke with him not once, but twice!

Oikawa blinked at her and gave her an awkward smile. She was pretty. Really pretty, he could give her that. But he wasn't really looking a serious relationship like her. He could easily tell that she was the type to fall for one and stick with that one.

The girl before him was pretty, and he could bet he would be really happy with her but... Volleyball is much more important than girls.

Damn, he cursed, she'd be a good company and I could rant all about Volleyball without her getting lost.
Oikawa sighed and ran a hand to his hair I need a companion right now, not a clingy girlfriend.

He raised both hands in the air and awkwardly said "Hey, uuh, you know..." she looked at him curiously and tilted her head cutely at him. He took a gulp and cursed himself again Why am I nervous about this? I've faced hundreds of things and this is NOT the first time I am rejecting someone! So why am I nervous?! He cleared his throat and calmed his heart and said, being blunt and forward as possible "Y-your pretty, pretty-chan and your a good company I could spend time with. I could tell your smart and you know a lot about Volleyball but-" he gulped and bowed his head down "I'm sorry but I am currently not interested in relationships!"

Oikawa bowed and stood like that for a couple moments, eyes tightly shut, heart beating fast as well as sweating. He didn't' understand why but he felt guilty.

And then another couple of seconds, he heard the soft smothered giggles.

Huh?

And then he opened his eyes, at the same time the giggle was a lot louder.

Eh?

He raised his head but kept half of his body bent just in case it was a sarcastic laugh to cover up tears, but froze when he saw the girl's face. Her lips were wide opened and she was laughing at him.

He stood still with wide eyes and stuttered "W-wha-?" She cut him off "I'm sorry for that, Oikawa-san but you were..." she giggled "a little bit funny."

"So you don't like me?" He asked,

Her laughter and giggles died down but her lips stayed into a small, amused smile "Not in the way you are probably thinking of, No." She shook her head at him "I like you as the professional Volleyball player you are and how you bring out the 100% potential in each of your teammates." She said as she remembered the Practice Match, the Inter-High Match and the Spring Tournament "Your a very well-rounded volleyball player and an excellent Setter to your team. As a ex-manager of the Karasuno Volleyball club, I am both proud of my team and I also admired you for your skills and achievements that you kept your team in one of the top 3 strongest volleyball team in the prefecture."

Oikawa grinned at her with happiness of her acknowledging his talent as a Volleyball player. And not only that, she wasn't in love with him or anything!

He chuckled in amusement "Well, that was embarrassing." She nodded "It was." He gave her a glare and a pout but she only gave him that tiny smile.

"Ah," he paused and cursed silently for yet again, another moment of stupidity. She looked at him confusion in her eyes at the sight of him slightly flushed in embarrassment as he rubbed the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

"I'm sorry but it seems I forgot my manners," he dropped his hand and lend out his hand to her "As you know, I am Oikawa Tooru and I'll be going to college this semester! How about you pretty miss?" He smiled at her "What's your name?"

Her tiny smile widened a bit and nodded at him, lending her hand to him and shook hands with him. She felt the large rough hands wrapping around her small, soft ones. A Volleyball player's hand, she thought and decided she liked the texture of the roughness of his palm.

"My name is Kiyoko, Oikawa-san." She gave another firm shake "Shimizu Kiyoko."

"Ah, such a pretty name! Can I call you Kiyoko-chan instead?" Nod. "Ah, what about Kyo-chan? That's perfect, Kyo-chan!" Stab. "Gahh!" "Oh, you didn't squeal like a girl this time." Stab. "Agh! S-sorry!"

...Shimizu Kiyoko-chan, eh? He nursed his throbbing side and avoided another hit "Kyo-chan!" What a really pretty name. It suits her.

...

Though, why does 'Shimizu' sound familiar?