Reunion

Wreckage POV

I was at the training center on the ship. It was as real as possible. Stalkers everywhere, all programmed with the intent to kill. They aimed their L-STARs at me. I smirked under my helmet. I cloaked and jumped up, just as they fired. Most of them ended up shooting each other. I boosted back behind a pack of three. While cloaked, I unsheathed my data knife. I climbed onto the first Stalker's back, plunging the blade into the back of the Stalker's head, reprogramming it. It fought for me now. I was too lazy to hack the others in that pack, so, one by one, I took them down from behind and stabbed their faces with my knife, offlining them instantly. I jumped onto the far wall, clinging to it. I switched from my pistol to my R-97, and mowed them all down. I threw a couple frag grenades for good measure. Too easy.

---

I walked into the command room. Blitz was at the controls. "Hey, sis."

"Hey." She never looked away from the deep space that surrounded us.

"How much longer?"

"The GPS says 30 more minutes."

"Thank God. I need to get off this damn ship."

"Me too. You're not even the one flying this slag pile."

—-(timeskip of 15 minutes)—-

"Heat shields on. Commence reentry into Typhon's atmosphere." Blitz slipped several switches.

Alarms started to blare. I covered my ears. "Blitz! What the hell is going on?!"

"The heat shields are malfunctioning! Either we power through, or go back into space and fix it manually."

"Viper, did you hear that?"

"Loud and clear." Viper was already almost out of the room. He sprinted to titanbay and a few seconds later, we observed him and Northstar flying outside.

"Viper," Blitz commed him. "It should only be a small connection error. Can you fix it?"

"It's already done. You're not the only one who knows their way around a dropship."

"Head back in, Viper. We should be good now."

—-(timeskip of 10 minutes)—-

Blitz landed the ship with expertise. I walked to Titanbay and embarked Scavenger, who grabbed her Splitter Rifle. The door opened and a Legion and a Ronin were there to greet us.The pilot in the Legion disembarked and climbed onto the top of his Titan. He was wearing a tank top, with a Data Knife sheathed at his shoulder. He took off his helmet to reveal the man that I missed so dearly all my life: Kuben Blisk.

"Oi! Slone! Why the hell are these Titans here?! I thought I said no prisoners!" Blisk said angrily.

"I heard ya. These Pilots were lookin' for ya." Slone disembarked and leaned against Ion's leg.

I disembarked through the top hatch. I took off my helmet. "Long time, Kuben." I cross my arms.

"There's only one pilot I know that has gunmetal eyes. Legion! Bring me closer."

Legion obeyed.

"Dammit, you idiot. Why'd you leave?" My eyes narrowed.

"I'm here now. Don't think I don't know about the bloody pilots that deserted the IMC." Blisk offered his hand to me. I took it. We embraced. After so long of fending for myself and taking care of my siblings, it feels nice to have a father figure in my life once more.

Blisk broke the hug and spoke up. "Welcome to the Apex Predators, Wreckage. You, and your siblings... Welcome home."