Eyes & Lips

"Bloody hell!" I heard Mikey say from the kitchen. I headed there, from my room.

"Be careful with your words, Mikey. We don't want mom to hear you." I told him, smirking.

Mikey playfully glared at me. "This is serious, Jacky. I just lost my job. That old man just fired me for no reason. He never liked me anyways." he told me.

"Aww. Sorry Mikes. Don't worry, though. You'll get a job soon. Now I gotta go before I get late to work. Don't want two of us to not have a job." I smiled at him. He smiled back and I gave him a hug.

"Bye, Jacky." he called after me. I waved back.

When I got there, Rebecca was already there. She lived here now, since it was easier for her. She didn't live that close before.

"Hey, Reb." I greeted her.

"Hi Jacky. Prince Franklin wanted to talk to you. He told me to send you up right when you arrived."

"Okay." I headed up to Frank's room. I knocked on his door and walked in. We had that kind of trust now. I would just knock and walk in right afterwards. We developed it over the past month and a half I've worked for him. I saw Frank sitting on his chair from his desk, looking stressed.

"Hey. Rebecca said you wanted to talk to me?" I asked him, walking over to the chair in front of him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yes. Take a seat, please." I did as told and waited for him to talk. "Thomas, the horse tender, left to the New World. He left without warning so we have no horse tender. I was wondering if you knew anybody who was good in that sort of stuff."

I smiled. "Yea, actually I do." His face seemed to brighten up. "Really?" I nodded. "My other older brother, Michael, just lost his job. The man he worked for hadn't liked him since the beginning and he just fired him today." I explained.

"Well you can ask him if he's interested. If you say he's a good horse tender, then he really must be, for, you have no reason to lie to me."

I grinned. "Thank you so much, Frank." I thanked him as I stood up.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Oh and if your brother accepts, he can start tomorrow."

I nodded.

I left the room and went on with the day's chores.

I headed up stairs to see if Frank needed anything before I left. I entered after I knocked and went in.

"Frank?"

"Oh, Jacky. What happened?"

"Nothing really. I just wanted to ask if you wanted anything, before I leave." I told him as I walked over where he was. He was looking under his bed. He looked up at me.

"Actually, yes. I'm searching for my other boot. It looks like this one." he showed me a brown boot. I nodded. I went over to the other side of the bed and started to search for an identical boot.

He got up and went to search in his dresser.

"Why are you getting other boots?" I asked him, trying to break the silence.

"Um...tomorrow I have to go to the train station early. I have to pick up my sister, my best friend, and my fiancé." My heart stopped. His...fiancé?

"You have a fiancé?" I asked him, trying hard not to let my voice crack. I failed miserably.

"Yea..."

"You never told me." I said, wiping away a tear that had fallen down my cheek. Why was I crying? Why does the fact that he has a fiancé hurt me so much? I haven't felt this great pain before... I think...I think I might be in love. But why, out of all the people in England-in the WORLD- did I have to fall in love with a PRINCE who's ENGAGED?!