12

"Woah, you worked hard today." Chang Wook patted my head.

"You help Chang Wook carrying the box, distributing the paper and even sharing your experience with the doctors," Dr Baek said while we walked towards the cafeteria. They said that they provided some free foods for all the doctors.

"Yeah, yeah." I replied weakly and started to queue for food.

"Let me take it for you. You look so tired," Chang Wook told me and I nodded.

I searched for a place for the six of us to sit. As I found the place, I quickly made my way towards it and sit.

I rested my head on the table. Thinking how bad today was. So, I hit my head on the table over and over.

As my head started to feel the pain, I stop and it turned out that there was a doctor in front of me.

I think he was the representative from Jaeil Hospital.

"Hi, I am Dr Noh of Jaeil Hospital. Nice to meet you," he greeted me while smiling at me.

I gave him an awkward smile before introducing myself, " Hi, Im-"

"Dr Kang of Haneul Hospital. She's my girlfriend," Gong Myung came out of nowhere.

I hit his head.

"Since when I am your girlfriend huh?" I rolled my eyes.

Dr Noh beamed looking at us. "I know who you are. You had been the talk of the town since the meeting."

My cheeks became red since Im so embarrassed. Chang Wook gave me my foods and took a sit beside me.

"Are you the representative from Sekang Hospital?" Dr Baek asked him while putting some foods in his mouth.

"Ani, I'm Dr Noh from Jaeil Hospital.  Nice to meet you all."

"Noh? What is your full name?"

"Noh Ji Wook," he replied.

"So what are you doing here instead of sitting with your own group?" Gong Myung asked looking so pissed off.

I hit his head again. "Why is it wrong for him to sit with us?" I asked him and he quickly shook his head.

Dr Noh bursted into laugh. "My colleagues need to head back towards our hospital. So, I'm here with Dr Kang."

"Do you mean the pretty Dr Kang in black dress earlier?" asked Gong Myung.

I glared at him.

Am I not pretty?

"Yes, she is. Ohh, Dr Kang! Here!" He waved at her as she wandered around looking for him.

"Hi, I'm Dr Kang." She bowed before taking her sit beside Dr Noh.

"Oh, you're the doctor who treated Madam Oh, right? Woah, I admired you for being the doctor in charge of her. Your name is Kang too, right?"

I nodded while grinning at her. I scratched my head.

Woah, is it something to be proud of?

"Yeah, I'm Kang Seulgi. You?" I asked her while eating the food.

"I'm Kang Mina. By the way, I had heard about you before," she stated as she reached for a pair of chopstick on her tray.

"Oh yeah? What it is about?" I asked as I was curious about what news that spread to her.

"I heard that you are pretty talented in OR."

"Meh, I'm not that talented. By the way, who told you about me?"

"Dr Oh." I nodded as I heard Dr Oh's name. She is indeed a nice senior. I put a large wrap of meat in my mouth but ended up having a little stain beside my mouth.

Chang Wook stood up and walked away to grab some tissue for me. In few minutes, he came back and sit beside me.

"Wipe your mouth," he said while giving the tissue to me. I thanked him and wiped my mouth but it didn't went off from my face as I wiped it at wrong spot.

He took the tissue and wiped it for me. With a wipe, the stain was gone. I smiled at him and thanked him.

Shit. My weak heart fluttered.

Mina coughed as she saw the scene. "Couple?" she asked while waiting for our answer.

We both shook our head.

"They said they are not a couple but the way they treated each other is like the way other couple normally do," Dr Baek told Mina.

"Really? Aw, that is choo chweet," she started to tease us. I can saw that Chang Wook became quite uncomfortable with the tease so I quickly denied it.

"We are just a best friend," I stated and he nodded.

For an unknown reason, my heart ached as I said that. It seemed like I already gave up in winning his heart. I tried to hold my tears but it seemed like I can't, so I excused myself from them by saying that I'd an upset stomach.

As I started to walk, Chang Wook grabbed my hand and said, "Call me if you need anything."

I had to stifle the desire to cry, so I quickly nodded and walked away from them.

I went to the washroom and locked myself in the end of the toilet.

I cried silently there.

#

I spent one hour and half in washroom as I accidentally slept in there. I pulled out my phone and saw that I got lots of missed calls.

Surely, the person who called me the most was Chang Wook. I sent him a text saying that I'm okay.

As soon as I sent it, he called me. "Where you go? Hani told me that you were not in the room. I searched for you but I cant even find you," he attacked me with lots of words and I got a little pissed off since I just woke up from my slept.

"I'm sorry," I muttered slowly but loud enough for him to hear.

He sighed. "I was so worried about you. Do you know how much I worried about you?"

I shook my head as I walked out from the washroom to go to my room.

"Do you still feel the pain? Want me to buy medicine? Or do you want me to check on you?" He asked, sounded so concern about me.

I shook my head but as soon as I realised that he cant saw me shook my head, I said a no to him.

"Or do you got period pain?" He asked me again.

Once again, I said a no.

My stomach doesn't feel the sick but my heart does.

I ended the phone call and strolled around the hotel. Suddenly, my eyes were fixed on the television as I heard the news.

"A BTS fan girl tried to commit suicide near the Han River."