Chapter 4 - Broken Path

Taurus' POV

Taurus kept watch over Juno the next few days. He could still tell something was affecting the husky, but he couldn't tell what. On the morning of Monday the 13th of February, Juno walked up to Taurus, hugged him, and said,

"I-I might move out..." Taurus stood shocked, with a piece of buttered toast in his hand. Then he started shaking his head back and forth, dropping his toast and holding Juno's arms.

"But... You can't! Juno.. why?! You don't have anywhere else to go!"

Juno looked down and murmured quietly,

"My parent's..." Taurus bared his teeth and yelled,

"How dare you! You left that place and said you were never going back! You promised!" Taurus started crying as he continued, "I don't want to lose you again..." Juno tugged his sweater sleeves uncomfortably and said to Taurus,

"It'll only be for like a month...."

"JUST a month! You know what? Get out of my sight. Pack your things and get out of my house." Taurus closed the door behind him as he entered his room, where he then slumped against the door. After what felt like an eternity, his phone buzzed. He looked at the screen, waiting until his eyes stopped being blurry from tears, and read a text from Juno:

"Goodbye Taurus. <3" Taurus broke down and lied down on the floor, hugging his phone to his chest, his breaths heaving in and out as he cried.

Two days later, Taurus sat alone at the dining table, half-mindedly chewing a piece of stale bread. He hadn't gone grocery shopping due to being too drained and exhausted that he could hardly get out of bed. When he had finished he turned the TV on and slumped down. After hours of flicking through the channels, he sighed and made his way to Juno's room. Because he had to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything. That was the only reason he was going in there... right? He went through the drawers. Juno had done a good job of not leaving any traces he had lived there. He had even taken his covers on his bed. Taurus took the covers off and remake the bed, as that had never been one of Juno's strong points, and the blankets and covers were all wrinkled and lopsided. He took them off, and as he was taking the pillowcase off, he felt something. He reached inside and brought out a ring. Taurus recognised it and broke down. It was the promise ring he had given Juno 6 years ago, when Juno was 16, and Taurus 17. When they were dating. Taurus ran into his room and looked into his drawer. His was still there. Which meant Juno had left it on purpose. Taurus pulled his phone from his pocket and called Juno. It went straight to answerphone. Taurus gave up after 3 more rings, and decided to go to bed, regardless of the fact it was only 1 pm.