Chapter 1: Never Again

Delia's P.O.V

My right hand scrapes across the cold rock wall that was seeping with moisture. The sound of a roaring waterfall with the older ones playing around was the only noise for miles. Currently, Fandral is messing with Sif, she looks like she is about to cut his head off. Thor is conversing with his little brother while Volstagg is blabbering about practicing swords with Hogun. I am just minding my own business, taking in the beauty around me.

I begin climbing up the cold stone, to a cave that was lit with the dying light of the sun. Golden rays shine through the cracks in the cave, it is also roofless, showing us the milky dark blue sky. I would not say it was a cave, it is more like a cavern.

It is roomy and bright in here, filled with gorgeous flora of all kinds. There is hanging vines that wield purple and pink flowers. Small colourful birds flit around gracefully, singing their songs.

Moist and fuzzy dark green moss paint the caverns walls. It was truly aesthetic, pleasing to both the eye and ears. To make it easier to get to the waterfall, there is large stones. They act like giant stairs that you need to take long steps in order to climb up.

After a long while, we finally made it to the Midnight Echo Waterfall. It wasn't as beautiful when it is daylight, it's better at dusk, dawn, or even the night. But I wouldn't risk to be out past the sunset when mother strictly said for me not to.

Once I arrive, the smell of plants and fresh water wafts into my alert senses. I take in a deep breath that I could not get enough of, who knew that spring water had a sweet scent to it? It smells of the clean, new start of spring, or a soft winter day, like when snow falls and it is fresh.

I cautiously step towards the waterfall and peak my head through the falling water wall. I squeal when I feel the chilling mountain water pour down my neck then my back. I still look past the waterfall and saw a big pool of water below the cliff. It is deep, and you can clearly see the bottom. At the bottom, there was sparkling items that no one can reach because it was too deep.

I spot a glimmering bracelet way down there, I can clearly see the red garnets and rubies on it. I'm guessing that is made of gold and looks to belong to a queen, why would anyone throw away such a gem? Sadly, I can't hold my breath that long to get it...

"Last one in is a bilgesnipe!" Fandral shouts, foolishly jumping into the pool below. He was only wearing short black trousers that reached to his knees. I squeak in surprise and stumble back, my soaking hair covering my face. I can barely see through the wet mass of hair that sticks onto my face.

I trip over my foot and almost fell to my behind. But I am caught before I went timbering over. "Be careful, Delia!" Thor cheerfully laughs. I groan and I slip out of his arms, pushing my hair out of my face during that.

I turn to him and give a smile, but ended up feeling my cheeks sting. He too, is only wearing short trousers that were a dark maroon.

Thor looks down his bare chest, then smiled to me again.

------

"You heard him! The last one in is a disgusting Bilgesnipe!" Thor ushered me towards the edge, but I didn't want to. I still was only wearing my favorite forest green tunic. I don't want it to cling to my skin because that's extra annoying.

"Thor! Thor PLEASE!" I begged. But he did not listen. He grabbed my shoulders harshly and kept pushing me closer and closer to the edge. I felt his breath on my neck as he laughed at my struggling. I squealed when I felt the water pour down my legs, I was under the waterfall. I was wearing skin tight red trousers under my tunic. The water was starting to get at my ankles.