Phase One Chapter Twenty

Here's Break Me's spotify playlist, for those that want access to songs like the ones I've used so far! Ask for it in the comments if you want a clickable link!

https://open.spotify.com/user/mercurite/playlist/5aCApQTU4ShVzBGYcHwn8u

Rose woke to the feel of a draft; the events of last night in her mind. It made something in her chest twist. What the fuck had she done that for? What was she doing? But now Murdoc knew.

He hadn't been any kind of angry, which had shocked Rose. A part of it made her heart swell like a balloon. A very delicate balloon that could pop at any moment. Her free hand strayed across her sheets as she turned over, staring at the wall, her fingers running through the folds of her blanket. Her eyes rested on a particularly comfortable spot of the wall, where a bit of wallpaper was peeling off. Her eyes relaxed. It was softer to look at than other areas for some reason; her eyes didn't water.

Her door swung open hitting the wall behind it and Rose jumped, surprised, falling backward off her bed while trying to move in one direction while panicking in the other. She landed right on her broken arm, causing her to wince, letting out a moan of pain. As she rolled on the floor, she dared to glare at the one who was responsible; Murdoc. He wore the gray shirt he had the night she'd first slept with him. She recognized the belt. How could she forget? God, between her hand, her bruises, her arm and her rib she didn't think she could possibly take any more damage. They stared at each other for a second, Murdoc's hand resting on the doorknob.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" Rose snapped, less than pleased with his unwelcomed entry. He let out a breathy sigh as he rolled his eyes, walking straight into her room to help her up. Of course, he'd pull on her broken arm, causing, even more, pain than necessary. But, at least he was helping her in some way.

Murdoc held onto her. "My Studio. I can walk into whatever room I please, love." This time, it was Rose's turn to roll her eyes as she slid her arm out of his hand. The memories of last night were possibly fresh in both of their minds and they knew something had changed between them. The question is, what? It was almost undetectable for Murdoc. Rose felt something weird inside her.

Neither wanted to prolong contact, but at the same time, they sort of wanted to touch each other. Maybe he could walk into whatever room he could please, but he sure as hell couldn't express himself. "What do you need, Murdoc?" Rose was fed up; she didn't want to deal with this as early as she was. He seemed to search for the answer for a moment, his frown permanently etched onto his face. Rose knew that it wasn't that hard for anyone to think, not even 2-D. Her fear rose; was she being fired?

No, he wouldn't. Would he? His expression told her nothing. God, where would she go? Maybe he thought she'd be a problem. More of a problem. Maybe he didn't want to deal with her father-

He opened his mouth again and nothing came out. Rose was starting to regret not even pricking him with the scissors, just a little bit, as she hated being kept in the dark. She wanted answers, god damn it! It was early and she'd just woke up! Her rage pooled inside her and she could barely handle it. "I was wondering, love, if you'd want to get the gang together tonight and see a movie. I mean, 2-D had this new movie he wanted to watch, so I don't really want to sit with the face ache alone. Beyond that, it may be boring, so I'd need a bit of entertainment."