Journal Entry 5

Bullfrogs!

Retraction #1 : Bryan was actually 21 inches long - just the same length as most of the other boys. Dwight was looking at him and thinking he looked long and slender! We measured him the next day and he was 21 inches.

Retraction #2: The "fried gecko"  was a joke. Dwight called the boys in to dinner telling them that we were having fried gecko for dinner. They loved it soooo much that when we told them it was really BBQ chicken, they were bummed. :-) Good ol' Daddy!

Kyle gets bit by a gecko. "Look, he totally bit me!"

The wild bullfrog hunters! After finding a large bullfrog on the side of the road, they all came home, got headlamps and headed back out to HUNT for frogs. They came home not more than 20 minutes later with 11 frogs!! Their excitement was over the top. In this video, you can't really tell why Mama starts screaming ... but I'll tell you why!! Someone (you can't see it in the video) chucks a huge frog at me!! Dwight says "unfortunately, I hit the off button because as the frogs kept coming, I did the Hula Frog Dance with beautiful squealing mixed in." Personally, I'm glad I hit the off button.

The first one

OK, so this is probably our last post from Hawaii. However, I want to keep up the post once we get home... so stay tuned :-)