epilogue

"Happy birthday to you," everyone sings in unison, grinning at the blushing brunette in front of the cake.

She laughs, blows kisses to everyone, and proceeds to blow out the 23 candles in front of her.

"What did you wish for?" a tall dark-haired boy whispers to her.

"I can't tell you, or it won't come true," she teases.

He pouts, then laughs. "Okay."

Meredith goes around the table, hugging every single person. The lads, her family, friends, everyone. Finally, she stops in front of Calum. Instead of hugging him like everyone else, she gazes up into his beautiful chocolate eyes, and leans up to kiss him passionately. They both seem to forget about everyone else watching them, in their own world, where it's only the two of them. They finally break apart, and everyone is silent. The power of their beauty together is breathtaking.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you," she repeats.

Slipping a small box out of his hand, he smiles, and every single person who was there and knew him, swore that it was the widest smile he had ever wore.

"Marry me," he states.

Her mouth forms a perfect O. She is speechless. So is everyone else. "Yes," she nods rapidly, tears forming. "Yes, yes, yes."

She literally jumps onto him in glee. He manages to hold her, and their lips search for each other again. In the kiss, he somehow finds a way to hold her and slip the magnificent diamond ring onto her ring finger at the same time.

Cheers ring throughout the room, as she turns to look at everyone and admire the ring. Everyone congratulates the couple, who can't stop smiling; after all they are drunk of love.

And later, when the two are alone, in her bedroom, in the dark off night, whispering to each other, he presses short, sweet kisses over her body.

"I can't wait to call you Mrs. Hood," he murmurs into her hair.

the end

edit 4/1/18: thanks to everyone who stuck it out!! i think i was in middle school when i started this cringy-ass fic and it blew up way after i finished it lol anyway ewww bye ily