Thank you Thank you

Oh Wow! It's finished. I am a little bit emotional right now and I'm blubbing into my prosecco, but I couldn't slide the story complete button across, without saying a few thank yous

It does feel a bit diva like and there are so many better writers on here with so many more readers.

I absolutely do not feel like a writer, but I absolutely would not have considered doing this without the encouragement of so many people and you all deserve a HUGE thank you.

Firstly there is the little gang of twitter followers who read a couple of my shorter efforts and started to read this from the beginning. I am so grateful for your tweets and comments and support. It's a strange feeling when you press the publish button and wonder if ANYBODY would read but you all did - so thank you thank you. 😘😘

I have to thank @ScarletteDrake who has created the best book boyfriend EVER. She is, of course a genius writer and has been hugely supportive. I would not have written anything ever, had it not been for her fabulous characters. I know a lot of my readers have read as a result of her tweets. So thank you thank you - you are a star and a genius. 😘

I also have to thank everyone for the comments and the votes. The feedback is so appreciated.

As a wattpad reader, I never realised how much the comments mean. I usually descend into fangirl gibbering and am in awe of the far more eloquent readers.

As an author though, it really doesn't matter about the content of the comment. It's just lovely to get a response. Obviously lovely comments are.......well lovely, but any feedback is welcome. Please keep commenting and voting - not just for this story, but for anything you read on Wattpad.

I also have to thank my lovely friend Claire (with an i) who helps with the editing. I usually post before I get her edit, because I am too impatient. She has put up with me talking about this story for months (often over much prosecco and long walks in the Cotswolds) and has been mahoosively supportive. Thank you, Thank you & much squeezing of the hand.

Lastly I have had a few messages asking about a few aspects of the book- so without turning into a public information broadcast, here are a couple of pieces of info.

Hopefully this story is as much about Maddie, regaining her self esteem and confidence after leaving an abusive relationship, as it is about her falling in love with Finn.

Anybody who has not been in an abusive relationship, will find a lot of aspects hard to understand. I know a common question is "Why don't you just leave?". I hope Maddie's story goes a little way, to explain why it's not so easy.

If you are in an abusive relationship or know somebody, there is a book I cannot recommend highly enough.

It's called Power and Control: Why charming men can make dangerous lovers by Sandra Horley.

I have been told it's like a light being switched on. There is somebody I know (very well) who sends it anonymously to all the new girlfriends of her ex (How wicked is that!)

Fistral Beach, Crantock. The Headland, Headland Cottages and Bodhi's are all real places. I have used creative licence with menus. If you are ever in Cornwall though and get the chance - visit. It really is one of my most favourite places.

So now I really have finished. I'm going to pour another glass and go and blub in a corner.

Just thank you thank you - you really are a lovely lot.

Louise xx 😘😘