Chapter 9 - Last Night of Torture

**WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY BE EXTREMELY GORY**

Brianna smiles as Alex opens the car door for her. He walks her up to the porch and she turns to look at him. 

"Thank you." she says with a sweet smile. 

"Oh it's nothing really. You know me, always helping out the drunken damsels in distress!" he laughs sarcastically. 

She rolls her eyes with a giggle, being taken by surprise when her air supply is suddenly cut off. Alex grabs her, smashing his lips into hers. Immediately, their lips move in sync with each other. They both pull away. 

"Wow." they both whisper. 

Her eyes flicker open meeting his, all she can do is smile at him. 

"Call me sometime." she says softly. 

"Definitely." he replies. 

She shoots one last smile at him before opening the door to her house. They quickly exchange their goodbyes and Brianna enters the house. 

***

"What do we do?" Anna asks in a small voice. 

"It's a sick little game, he doesn't plan of letting us go. He's doing this for his own entertainment." Josh explains with a sigh.

"Maybe if we come up with a plan we can-" Blake starts.

"It won't work. There's only one way out of this room,he's probably got it blocked off. This is exactly what he wants us to do, think that we might have a chance if we stick together. The truth is, we don't. Even if we get someone to distract him, someone gets hurt-gets potentially killed in the crossfire. I don't know about you guys, but I don't plan on that happening." 

"Josh...it's our only hope right now." Anna whispers looking up at Josh. 

They are in the same position as before. Josh is holding Anna protectively in his arms while Blake is on the opposite side of the cell, knees to his chest. 

"I told you I wasn't going to let you die in here, and I stand by my word. This game is exactly how you will end up dead." Josh says softly. 

***

Brianna sighs in bliss one final time. She reaches down, removing her heels from her now aching feet. When she hears footsteps, she knows exactly what is coming next. 

"BRIANNA MARIE BRIDGES!" her mother yells as soon as she has Brianna in her sights, "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN ALL NIGHT?" 

"I stayed over at Katy's." she lies praying that her mother hasn't been in contact with Katy.

"WELL WOULD IT KILL YOU TO PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND SEND ME A TEXT OR CALL LETTING ME KNOW THAT YOU WEREN'T KIDNAPPED BY SOME SICK MAN?!" 

Brianna immediately freezes, horrible images instantly flooding her head of memories she wishes she could forget. Brianna's mother immediately notices the sudden change in her daughter's behaviour. She regrets resurfacing horrible, excruciating memories and pulls her daughter into a comforting motherly hug. 

"Mom...I have to tell you something." Brianna confesses.

***

"He's going to kill us no matter what we do! Eventually we will all be dead!" Anna suddenly yells, jumping out of Josh's arms.

"How would you rather die? Eddie raping the shit out of you, cutting you open and making you watch as your intestines spill out onto the table, maybe soaking you with bleach to make things worse?! Or...a nice bullet to the head?! Done and over with within a few seconds." Josh raises his voice slightly higher, making sure it isn't loud enough to be heard by Eddie or Caroline.