Where you lead your lives before ;

Dan and Kyle talked for a long time. Telling each other stories about themselves and telling dreams that havent happened yet.

Dan even drank some, thanks to Kyle's persistance on it. The drink at first stung his throat and tasted awful, but he almost became numb to that as the night went on, being captivated in the wonderful person that is Kyle.

He loved the way his eyes were so dark and pure under the soft light, his skin a perfect tone and hair being perfectly un-perfect. Dan never questioned his sexuality before, but now seems to be the time to.

Dan started zooming out of the story that Kyle was telling, not that it was boring, but he was really lost in just the way he talked. His voice was sharp and rough but soft and light at the same time. God, Dan was so confused.

"..And that's how I nearly broke Milly's arm. Pretty dumb right? I felt bad afterward because she got hurt but it was still wicked, y'know?" Kyle finished his story as Dan looked up from his concentrated gaze on Kyle's lips.

"You alright there Dan?"

Dan blinked up meeting Kyle's gaze. He would never get over his eyes.

"Oh yeah I'm just, I'm- I have to go. I'm incredibly sorry, I just, just gotta go, talk to you later, yeah?" Dan fumbled on his words. He hated how he could barely form a sentence.

Dan began to speed off through the crowd, Kyle losing him before he could call his name again.

Dan pushed out in the night, the crisp September air cradling his skin, causing it to turn pink. Dan had completely forgotten about Woody till now, since Kyle showed up. Dan was sure he'd find a way home.
Dan began to make his way down Will's driveway until the same familiar voice called out.

"Dan?"

Dan turned on his heel, to be greeted with the chocolate-eyed boy. Kyle ran down the driveway up to Dan, holding out a jacket.

"You forgot your hoody." Kyle said, grinning. Dan smiled,

"Thank you." Dan took the hoody and put it on, due to the cold air. The two looked at each other in a comfortable silence.

"Night, Dan." Kyle said, giving a tiny wave.

"Goodnight Kyle." Dan returned a wave. Dan began to walk off in the violet night until Kyle spoke out again.

"Hey, uh, Dan?" Dan turned around once more.

"Uh," Kyle stepped closer. "H-heres my number. Just like, you know if you wanna, get together sometime? Do some fun stuff, hang out, yeah?" Kyle held out a little piece of paper, all torn around the edges from wear he ripped it off of a larger piece of paper somewhere else.

Dan took the tiny note and put it in his pocket.

"Of course. I'd love that."

The two waved goodbye once more before Kyle headed back to the party, and Dan, out into the dark.