Just A Thought

The view was so different than he expected, from down there, it was so... different.

He liked this view better, with his feet inching closer to the edge. The view below him was so... Perfect, it made a smile tug on his lips.

The boy stood upon a building, a place he goes to often. A church, with four floors. He loved the fourth floor, especially a room near the highway, where a window had just a big enough sill to let him stand.

The view was the best of the church, from that window, looking down. Seeing the cars rush past to go to the destination, it took his breath away.

That's where he stood now, on the window sill. His bare feet was cold against the wood, despite the sun in the sky. His small hand was keeping him sturdy by holding onto the side of the window. His hair was a mess, and his glasses have disappeared. He wore his usual church clothing, a collared shirt, a vest, and dress pants, but he took off his shoes long ago.

His smile was gone when his thoughts started run wild. He remembered what he caused his family last summer. He hurt them, and even though they forgave him. He couldn't forgive himself. His blue eyes watched the cars not to far from him, his face a sullen shadow.

He made his decision just in time for someone to notice. But it was too late, even as he heard their shouts and running footsteps, he knew what he had to do.

With that his foot inched a little forward before it met air. He closed his eyes and felt gravity pull him, it felt like he was flying away.

Then it all went black as he fell into oblivion.