Chapter 1

She woke up, yawning. She began to brush her huge blonde hair, wondering why she felt so excited.

"It's ny birthday!" She smiled. Then she frowned. Her shoulders sagged as she let out a long sigh. A birthday with no friends and her awful parents. Fun...

She finished brushing her hair. 101 times. Then she walked down the stairs.

"Good morning Ms. Northwest. Happy birthday." She nodded slowly.

"Uh... yeah... thank you... where are my parents?"

"They are in the dining room Ms. Northwest." He bowed lightly and left. She smiled slightly, amused. She walked to the grand dining. A chandelier hung from the ceiling. They stopped talking at once. They were talking about her. Of course. She sat down impatiently, waiting, hoping that they would wish her a happy birthday. Hug her. Smile at her. Anything.

"Good morning father. Good morning mother."

"Morning dear." Her mother said without looking up from whatever she was doing. Her father said nothing. They kept quiet. She waited. And waited. Nothing. Her hope shrivelled up and died.

"It's your daughter's birthday today."

"What daughter? The last time I remember having a daughter, she disobeyed me. She disgraced the family name-"

"Disgrace?" His voice irritated her. "DISGRACE?! ME?! DON'T YOU GIVE ME THAT-"

"Pacifica. Don't speak to your father that way."

"FATHER?! AS FAR AS I KNOW HE SAID I WASN'T HIS DAUGHTER! WELL GOOD RIDDANCE! I SAVED THE STUPID FAMILY NAME! I DID! YOU DON'T WANT ME HERE?! I'LL LEAVE!"

"Good riddance to bad rubbish." A limp formed in her throat. Her throat ached from all the screaming. She got up and walked out, slamming the door behind her. Her eyes welled up with tears.

"Ms. Northwest, what will you like for breakfast?"

"N-n-nothing."

"Ms. Northwest-"

"I'm going for a walk." She didn't wait to hear his opinion. She put on her boots, dark blue jeans and a brown jacket with a purple top underneath. Her usual outfit for outdoors. She packed her hair into a ponytail and left the mansion.

"Stupid parents." A wistful sigh came out from her mouth before she could stop it. "I hate my stupid birthday. Oh please. What a baby you are - I'm talking to myself, aren't I?" She stared into a mud puddle. "Just look at yourself. Pacifica Elise Northwest. What a joke." She fake laughed at her brown reflection.

"What I would give to see Mabel or Dipper again." She stopped at the Mystery Shack. A sad smile broke out on her face as she listened to Mabel's laugh echoing through the woods. "Memories... wait a second." She stopped short. "No. Freaking. Way." She was staring face to face with older Mabel and the back of older Dipper.

"MABEL! DIPPER!" She ran to them and hugged them.

"Oh my gosh Pacifica! We haven't seen you in ages!" She grinned. Mabel was currently between her and Dipper. She hasn't even seen him yet. "Now kiss!"

"Wha-" she suddenly got rammed into something hard. She fell.

"Mabel!" Who was that? His voice sounded familiar to her. Yet different. "Sorry Pacifica.  Here." A hand stretched out towards her. She took it. Then she fell again. She couldn't help but laugh a bit. He gave her a weirded out look. She rolled her eyes, wondering if it really was him.

"Dipper?" Just to clarify it was him.

"Yeah?"

"You're... Tall..." and totally wolf whistle worthy. He rolled his eyes.

"Wow. First thing you say to a guy after five years of separation. Good one." She shook her head and got up.

"Sorry. I'm no good with socialising. Where's Mabel?" They both turned around. Mabel was fangirling. They rolled their eyes.

"Sis? What's wrong with you?"

"It's happening!"

"What's happening?" Pacifica was obviously confused. So was Dipper.

"My ship is sailing!"

"Sigh."

"Same here Dipper. Same here." People were filing into the shack to the point that Pacifica had lost the twins. After greeting everyone, Dipper cleared his throat loudly.

"Uh... attention?" She rolled her eyes. Once a dork, always a dork. No matter what puberty had done to him. "Mabel, I know we kinda decided to go to college this year." Pacifica raised an eyebrow. Mabel grinned. "But... I've decided not to." Mabel frowned. He bit his tongue and looked at her.

"I... I can't do this." He got up and left. Mabel sobbed.

"It's alright Mabel. He's Dipper. He won't do anything stupid." Candy rubbed her friend's arm, comforting her the best she could.

"You don't get it! We're twins. We've never done anything without each other."

"Who's gonna talk to him?" Pacifica said to no one. Everyone was busy. The old twins had dozed off, Soos was taking care of the party being the owner of the Mystery Shack after all and Wendy was off at her new job with her dad and brothers.

"Dang it." She walked outside. Dipper was on top of a car, staring at stars.

"It... it wasn't supposed to happen this way. I was gonna tell her quietly. I just felt so guilty about her being happy when I was going to crush her that I snapped. I'm such an idiot. Oh. It's you." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment. And anyways, you were right." He sat up.

"I didn't mean - I just - I was expecting - you really think so?"

"Yeah." She grinned. "You are an idiot."

"Yeah. Thanks Paz. Really helpful." She raised an eyebrow at the name but said nothing.

"If you're not going to college, where are you gonna go to?"

"Exploring."

"Exploring?"

"Yeah. Gravity Falls isn't the only place with weird things going on. I just... I feel like I won't fit in you know? I'm a science guy, not a college guy-"

"Well how do you think Mabel feels? You've done everything since you were in diapers together. You can't just leave her like that you jerk-"

"I... I am a jerk."

"Took you long enough. Now go explain to her idiot. When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow. Thanks Pacifica." He jumped off the car and walked inside. She sighed.

"I just got my friends together. And now they're splitting up. Happy birthday to me." She walked back to the party which had come to an abrupt end after Dipper's outburst.