Chapter 3

"Are we there yet."

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"No." His voice was practically screaming irritation in her face. She groaned.

"You're right. I should stop... are we there now?"

"Pacifica?"

"Yes Count Dorkula?"

"Don't - please stop talking."

"Hmm... nah. It's cold. I'm bored. I'm hungry. Slow down turbo! I need heat. Ugh-"

"We're here." She stared out at the land ahead of her.

"Pretty. Now. How to get down."

"Simple. We just gently climb down-"

"I choose slide Dipping sauce. Ladies first!" She shoved him then followed head first. They were both balls of snow by the time they were down. Her head popped out. His hand popped out. They shook the snow off.

"Brilliant plan Pacifica. Now how're we supposed to get warm?"

"Uh... fire. Duh?" She began to search for sticks. She sat down, sticks in her hands and began to rub them against each other.

"Pacifica?"

"Shut up I'm adapting."

"Wow. Sorry to interrupt this amazing moment but I don't think that's how to start a fire."

"We'll see about that Sir Dipsmarts!" He sighed. He walked about twenty feet away and used a match to light the fire.

"Oh Pacifica?"

"What?"

"Fire started yet? Huh. Didn't think so."

"Show off you are. But I will emerge victorious."

"Dude. I'm not playing a game. Come on. It's warm here."

"No. I-I-I'll g-g-get-t it-t-t." He watched her fail over and over for the next few minutes. He got up and dragged her to his side.

"No need to thank me."

"I was... gonna... ah..." He rolled his eyes.

"You're welcome." He stared at the fire, poking at it. A wistful sigh made its way through his mouth unconciously. She rolled her eyes.

"Ms. Northwest. Therapist. Wanna talk about it?"

"There's nothing to-"

"It wasn't a question. Talk about it."

"It just... I miss Mabel... and Gruncle Stan. And Soos. And Wendy. And-"

"Homesick."

"Yeah."

"Lucky you."

"Huh?"

"Nothing." She wasn't even close to that. That house was full of nothing but bad memories apart from the ones where Dipper and Mabel were together. "I'm just wondering how it feels."

"To what?"

"To be homesick - anyway, we're here for your problems, not mine." He moved closer. She shifted away.

"No, tell me." He kept advancing and she kept... opposite of advancing.

"I don't want to."

"But you're sad-"

"So are you-" he grabbed her hands. Heat went into them.

"Tell me."

"I... I..." She blinked. "Nope." She fell off the log. She got up and went back to her side. She picked up the sticks, trying to make something warm.

"Pacifica."

"Yes Dipinstein?" He threw a snowball at her. She gasped.

"What?"

"Why you little - guys don't hit girls!"

"Puh. Lease."

"I'm too tired to retort. I'll get you back... tomorrow night..." She yawned and entered her tent.

"Goodnight Sir... Dipping... Sauce..."