Chapter 6

"Bells..."

"What?"

"B-bells..."

"Huh? Pa-"

"AWAY... away... be- NO STOP- stop... AAH-"

"What the-" he dropped the firewood and ran to her tent. She was having a nightmare.

"Mabel... Dipper... p-plea - BELLS-" He shook her. She struggled at first but gradually opened her eyes. He was scared, hearing his name. She wrapped herself around him. He went pink.

"Thanks D-d-Dipper..."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah."

"Sure?" She shot up.

"I found another note doofus." He sighed. So much for good terms. "Tap the box dumbo we're going somewhere." He did. When her vision returned, she was holding something in her hands. A bow with a flaming arrow. Pointed at Dipper.

"WHAT THE!" She dropped it. "I am so sorry Dipper I-" an arrow whizzed past her ear.

"Whoops." His face was emotionless. She stared at it in shock.

"WHAT THE GEL WAS THAT FOR?!" He glared at her.

"You don't know how lucky you are Northwest." Her eyes turned to slits. Great. This again.

"Again, I am not-" another arrow. She grabbed it and broke it.

"The world is so unfair..."

"Dipper. Don't dare me."

"To live in such a big house, eat the finest meals, talk to and treat people however you like. Disgusting yes. But still so very... luxurious." He shot at her. The arrow went through her hair, burning a part of her hair. She glared at him.

"I'm coming for you Sir Dipping Sauce." She shook her head. "You think I'm lucky? I wish. If only you knew how it felt to have your parents neglect you, to have no friends, you ignorant archer have it all." They had no idea how they became good at archery but it wasn't gonna stop them. They shot at each other missing by inches and centimetres.

"I do not. Our parents are just as bad. They don't care about us-"

"Oh yes they do. More than mine at least. You even have all your friends Soos, Wendy, you have Grunkle Stan and so many others. Do you know what they've been doing to me these past few years? You know, after I helped you and betrayed them?!"

"Do tell." She paused from shooting.

"Dipper, believe me when I say you have it all. I would switch with you in an instant. Money can't but you friends. It can't but you happiness or love-"

"Sure it can-"

"Can it really?" They were suddenly face to face, flaming arrows aimed at each other.

"It's been a fun game but someone must lose."

"True dat."

"You... You win. I fold. I envy you for the wrong reasons. You are more worthy than I."

"If only Mabel were here to see you speaking all old school. I mean, more just than I? What is that Shakespeare?"

"I'm... sorry."

"Yeah... me too..." She hugged him, eyes shut tight. His eyes went wide. They were both transported back to the real world. Dipper made some jottings in his notebook.

"So far, we've been hit by pride and envy. Hmm..."

"Indeed." They took one good look at each other and burst out laughing.

"You sound like Thor."

"Yerp." Silence.

"Pacifica?"

"Yeah?"

"Bells?"

"Nope."

"But-"

"No." She turned and walked into her tent. He sighed.

"I just want to know the truth!"