FORTY ONE ➳ DANCE LESSONS

forty-one ➳ dance lessons 

Caroline entered her kitchen with the intention of getting something to eat when she saw her dining table littered with all kinds of breakfast food, from cereal to eggs, to waffles to croissant. She turned to find Echo wearing an apron and flipping a pancake from the pan to the top of a stack of pancakes.

"What's all this?" Caroline asked, looking at the table and her friend with a confused stare.

Echo placed the plate on the table and turned to her and gave her a sympathetic smile when she saw her bloodshot eyes. "I heard about your dad — which by the way, I am hurt that you did not tell me yourself — and before we talk about anything and you get too emotional..." Echo pulled back a chair and gestured for Caroline to sit down on it. 

Instead, Caroline just collapsed into Echo and began sobbing. Echo was taken by surprise for a moment before she wrapped her arms around the blonde, rubbing her back. 

"Okay, I guess we got to the emotional part already."

"It hurts. So much." Caroline choked out, hiding her face in her friend's shoulder.

"It's okay, I know, I know. Let it out, let it all out." Echo whispered, glancing up to see Sheriff Forbes who was standing by the entrance of the kitchen. She turned to her daughter with a pained stared before looking at Echo and smiling. She nodded her head as if to tell her she was doing good. Echo returned the smile with her own weak one, every sob escaping the blonde breaking her heart more and more.

__

"So what does this thing do?" Echo questioned, holding up a jar filled with... She wasn't quite sure what. She turned toward Kol — who was examining a dark object in his hands.

He turned to her and gave her an annoyed look. "This, my dear Echo, could cause you to have the most horrifying hallucinations and cause you to kill yourself. I suggest you take this, I call it the suppresser. It renders the abilities of any being useless for five minutes."

"One, that's a stupid name, we're calling it Hellfire because it sounds better. And two, just five minutes?" Echo gave him an unimpressed look.

"Do you know how hard it was to have this made?" Kol gave her a glare. "I had three covens create this and it killed all of them. So yes, just five minutes. But if you don't want it..."

"No! No! I never said I didn't want it. I do, I do." Echo said, grasping the object which turned out to be a vile full of dark green liquid. "Well this looks disgusting."

"Okay, I gave you the Hellfire, can you now give me back the dagger that was rightfully mine when you left me in the cold night?"

"No. You know what they say: You snooze, you freeze to death."

"No one says that."

"Are you sure?" She asked him. "I'm pretty sure that's how it goes."

"Are you two done with your bickering over magical objects? We've got a ball to get to." Klaus said as he entered the room. He offered his arm to Echo. "May I escort you, my love?"