Chapter Three

I wasn't going to post this but then I felt like I needed to repay Crazychick003 for commenting on every paragraph.

Npov

       School was out. I rushed out of the building; I had to get to work! I was about halfway there when someone roughly grabbed my arm. It was the blond.

       "Nico. I wanted to tell you that you're going to regret doing what you did at lunch today."

        "You think I'm scared of you?" I raised an eyebrow. Will jogged up to us, looking nervous.

       "You should be. I can make the whole school hate you."

       "You don't know anything about me that the rest of the school doesn't already know."

       "I can tell them you were homeless." He said, looking proud of himself. Will looked shocked.

       "They already know that. Besides, I'm not anymore."

        He stomped his foot in fake frustration. "Well what doesn't that school know, then?!"

        I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to fall for that." I saw a small smile on Will's face.

       "Well, they don't know you're gay, do they?"

       I winced. "Yeah, they do."

       He glared at me. "I'll find something, di Angelo. Just you wait."

       He pushed past me, his shoulder bumping mine. Will stayed back a bit. After Octavian had stormed off, Will asked me if I was okay. I looked at my feet, "Yeah, I'm fine. And, um, I'm sorry about what happened at lunch today. I should've came over and helped you or-"

       "No! I mean, no. Don't come over and help me. Please. They'll just.... they'll tell you things about me."

       "Are you sure?

        "Yeah. Please don't come over."

        "I don't know, Will. I saw them saying mean things to you. I don't want that to happen again."

       "It was fine. I'm fine. Just... don't come over."

       I frowned but nodded, "If you say so."

       Then my eyes widened. "Schist, I'm late!" I started sprinting back to the mansion. The Family was going to be so mad!

       "Wait, what are you late for?" I heard Will call after me. I didn't waste time answering. I needed to get back to the mansion!

       I went through the servants' entrance, which was the quickest way to me and my mom's rooms. I quickly got dressed into my uniform and went up to the first level.

       The first level had the foyer, kitchen, dining rooms (two for staff and one for the Family), two offices that the parents used, a playroom from when the kids were little, and the first floor of the library. (My dream: more than one floor of library.)

       I headed straight (gay) for the library. I was supposed to do dusting in there today, which in my opinion was the worst job. There were several floors and since the Family only read a certain section of the books, everything else got really dusty. It took forever to finish, even when there were ten servants working in there. Today it was only me and one other woman named Dianne.

       I sighed and went around the first floor dusting whatever needed it. I sneezed so many times that I lost count.

       I hate dusting.

       After what seemed like years, I finally finished the first floor. I climbed up a set of stairs to the second floor and then continued my work, passing Dianne on the way. She smiled at me so I smiled back. Just a bit.

       "Hi, Nico."

       "Hey."

       "How was your day at school?"

       "Um, it was pretty good. Nothing unusual happened." I said, not wanting to worry her about anything. She was a fairly nice lady.

       "That's good." She sighed, "I should probably get back to work."

       "Yeah, me too. We've got to dust the entire library by ourselves."

       She chuckled. "Well, let's not waste time and make Apollo or Naomi mad."

       Apollo or Naomi? Who are Apollo and Naomi? Are they part of the Family? I should know this. I mentally scolded myself. Why didn't I know the names of my boss?

       I agreed with her though. I didn't want anyone mad at me.

       I continued to dust again and it was nightfall before we finished all three floors.

        I groaned. I still had to do the laundry!