Chapter Five

WARNING: I WAS TIRED WHILE WRITING THIS. IT IS ALSO UNEDITED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Npov

        I reluctantly followed Octavian. Gods, I hated him so much.

        He sat down and gestured for me to sit on his right while Will sat across from us.

       "Now, Nico, I decided it's only fair that since Will knows you were homeless that you get to know a few things about Will."

      Will looked sad, which made me feel a bit protective. He was like a small child. He was usually optimistic, had big eyes, and probably wouldn't survive on the streets without being thought of as an easy target. I blinked. Was that what Octavian thought of him? An easy target?

      I realized Octavian had been talking. "Uh, sorry, I didn't hear you."

      Octavian glared at me. "I said that Will is weak. He's gay-"

      "I'm bi."

       "Same thing. He's gay and he's too weak and scared to tell our parents." The rest of the table started laughing hysterically. I sent a glare in their direction and the laughter turned nervous, which filled me with satisfaction.

       "You just-"

      He laughed. "Told the bullies that Will's gay? Yes I did."

      I clenched my fists. "You're a jerk, Octavian." I stood up. There wasn't any use staying anymore. Soon the whole school would know anyway, I wasn't going to let Octavian get any more out of it. "C'mon Will. Lets go to my table."

        Will started getting up but the kids on either side of him grabbed his arms and forced him back in his seat. He looked up at me, helpless.

       "Let go of him." I said.

      "Why do you care about him? He hasn't done anything for you. You're getting nothing out of this."

       I raised an eyebrow, "And I suppose you're getting something out of being mean to him?"

      "Yes."

      "Well what is it?"

      He glared at me and I smirked. I knew exactly what he got out of this, and I also knew he wouldn't want to admit it. By being mean to his brother he got his reputation. His brother locked in his seat at the bullies' table.

       "Shut up, Nico."

       "No, I'd really like to have an answer from you."

       Now we were both standing. I knew I was winning this.

      "Shut up!"

      "Answer me."

      He swung his fist at me but I ducked. He shouldn't have done that, I had a lot of experience with fistfights from being out on the streets. He swung again and again I ducked. I think I was frustrating him.

     "Hold still, you little-"

     Will managed to escape from the kids holding him and ran up to help me. "Octavian, stop it!"

       "He deserves it."

        He swung and I ducked for the third time. Will grabbed my hand and started running out of the cafeteria. I hoped he knew where he was going.

        "Will, where are we-?"

       He interrupted me, knowing what I was going to say anyway. "Somewhere away from him. He's gonna be so mad later..."

      "I can't believe he would do that! He just told-"

      "I know. But I'm okay. I'm not hurt, at least."

      I sighed. "Yeah. At least neither of us are hurt."

      Will stopped running when we were outside the building. "So what's next? What do we do?"

      "Our lunch gets done in ten minutes. Maybe we can wait out the ten minutes and then go to class? I don't want any teachers mad at me." I said.

       "Yeah lets do that."

We waited out the ten minutes in an awkward silence. There was so much to say, but no way to say it so we just stayed quiet.

Finally the ten minutes were up and we went to our classes, joining the rest of the people doing the same.

This time, though, the gap that usually separated me from everyone else was partially filled.

So I'm sure this must be bad since I'm so tired but whatever. I wanted to update. I hope y'all enjoyed it.