Chapter Six

WARNING: I AM TIRED AND THIS IS PROBABLY CRINGEY SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Later that day at the mansion

WPOV

Someone knocked on my bedroom door. I winced. It was probably Octavian. I guessed he was going to get revenge for what happened earlier at lunch.

I got up to open the door, but he was impatient. "C'mon, Will! Hurry up!"

I let him in.

"It's about time." Octavian grumbled.

"Sorry." I mumbled, looking at my feet.

He cracked his knuckles. "Now it's time that you learn that the little thing you tried to pull at lunch has consequences."

•NPOV•

I heard someone shout my name. I was in the middle of dusting the statues in the hallways, so I didn't really mind a distraction but I did really need to get my job done.

I sighed and tried to figure out where the sound had came from. I heard it again, but it was angry this time. Like I was taking too long to get there.

I blinked. That voice sounded a bit like Will. But that wasn't possible.

I turned a corner and found Apollo standing outside one of the kid's bedroom door. He was furious. I swallowed nervously. "Yes, Sir?"

"Go get some bandages. And be quick."

"Yes, Sir." I ran towards a bathroom. I opened up a drawer full of medical supplies and grabbed some bandages. Then I ran back.

"Thank you, Nico."

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, why do you need those?"

"My idiot son got his leg cut open. Can't imagine how."

I felt bad for his son, whoever it was. Even if he was bratty. If he gets hurt like I imagined it and his father was calling him an idiot, it couldn't be good.

     I knew that if I said something though, I would make both me and my mom lose our jobs and homes. I could only support one (half? I only have my mom and me.) family, I couldn't get started with a whole new one too. But I whispered "Good luck" before I left, just in case I suddenly had the best luck in the world and whatever I wanted came true. But considering my past, I doubted that would happen. My words probably didn't help much.

I went back to the statues but I could keep what had happened off my mind. Was the kid okay? What had happened?

I tried to stop thinking about it but I couldn't. This kid had gotten hurt and, even though I knew basically nothing about him, I wanted to know that he was okay. I wanted to know why he was hurt in the first place, and why Apollo had seemed so angry instead of worried.

You shouldn't get into other people's businesses if you can't even handle your own. I shook my head. It was true, My mom and I were struggling to keep our place here. I shouldn't be meddling (IN A MILITARY MESS, A GAME OF CHESS WHERE FRANCE IS KING AND QUEENLESS?) around in other peoples' business.

     I would feel guilty about it anyway though.

HEY HOW'D YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER

IM TIRED AND PROBABLY SHOULDN'T TRUST THAT I CAN WRITE ANYTHING GOOD RIGHT NOW BUT I NEEDED TO UPDATE SO HERE TAKE THIS

How was your day?

Have a hug (regardless of how good it was).

Word count: 553 words