No Plane Will Go Down

Derek's POV

"Hey, Mark, I need to talk to you." I say to Mark, who just got off the phone with Julia.

"Okay." Mark says as we move to the back of the plane.

"We need to talk about you and Julia." I say with no emotion.

"Okay?" Mark says.

"You and Julia are not okay, you were just yelling at her, the whole plane heard, and most importantly, you need to know how Lexie feels about you." I say.

"Derek, this conversation is stupid and irrelevant, you know I love Lexie......I mean Julia......I love Julia." Mark says, realizing the truth.

"I think you know the truth." I say, walking back to Cristina and Meredith.

"What was that all about?" Meredith asks me as I sit back down.

"I was just telling him what he needed to hear." I say, as I slowly start to fall asleep.

4 Hours Later

"Hey, Derek, wake up we're here." Meredith says, shaking me to wake me up.

"Okay." I say to Meredith, and walk to the bathroom on the plane and throw water on my face to truly wake me up. I then walk over to Lexie. And say, "Ready to be the best Neuro team this place has ever seen?"

"You know it!! I can talk to you real quick?" Lexie says, as she pulls me over to the side away from everyone else.

"Yeah, what's this about, Lexie?" I ask.

"It's about Mark, I just want to know if I have any chance of getting him back? I feel like I don't because Julia is so much better than I am. And I mean he seems so happy with her. And I need to know if I should give up and move on, or try to recover what we had?" Lexie asks.

Derek laughs, "Lexie, if anyone has the chance to get Mark Sloan back, it's you, Julia and Mark might as well be broken up, there is no recovering from what she did to him." Derek says.

"Wait, what did Julia do to him?" Lexie asks curiously.

"If Mark wanted you to know, he would tell you. Now we need to go do this surgery!" Derek says scream whispering.

"Yeah!" Lexie yells, everyone turns their heads to us, "Sorry!" She whispers. We both walk to the scrub room together, and start scrubbing our hands.

"Okay, guys, Lexie and I are all done, Mark, you can begin your part." I say as I'm walking out of the OR. I walk over to take a seat and close my eyes, I fall into a deep sleep.

Mark's POV

We have just completed the surgery completely, and I go to take a nap in the on-call room. I lay down and get my eyes closed. I was just about asleep when Lexie comes rushing in.

"Lexie, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Mark, I still in love with you, and I always will be. Mark, I feel like you might love me too. But I need to know if I should give up on us. Should I?" Lexie says, with tears in her eyes.

I never thought she would say this to me again, ever since I met Julia, I knew she wasn't the one, Lexie was, but I didn't believe Lexie loved me anymore.

I begin to stand up from the bed, and move closer to Lexie, I put my hand on her cheekbone, and begin to kiss her. Then I pull back. "Lexie, do you think this will work? Our relationship?"

"Mark, I think the only thing that matters is that I love you and you love me. I think this will last forever." Lexie says, then she begins to kiss me again.

Meredith's POV

"Cristina, have you seen Lexie?"

"No, well, not since she ran into the oncall room." Cristina says eating a chocolate pudding.

"Okay." I say.

I walk to the oncall room, and open the door. I see Lexie and Mark laying on the bed asleep. Did they, yes, but what about Julia, and everything from the past.

"Lexie!!" I scream.

They both wake up, Lexie quickly pulls the covers up.

"Meredith, what are you doing?! Get out!" Lexie screams at me.

"You put your clothes on and come talk to me." I walk out the oncall room.

Lexie's POV

"Mark, I'm sorry about that." I get up and start picking up my clothes.

"Little Grey, it's alright. Go talk to Meredith." Mark says.

"Little Grey? Huh? I haven't heard that in a while. It feels good to hear it again." I walk over and kiss Mark, then walk out the door to Meredith.

Me and Mark, I can't believe it, I love him, and he still loves me.

"Hey." I say to Meredith.

"So, yo and Sloan are back on?" Meredith says.

"Yeah, for good too." I say joyfully.

"What about Julia and Sophia?" Mer asks.

"Why can't you just look at the positives, me and Mark are back together. Can't you just be happy for me for a minute?" I say, I'm starting to get mad, so I storm off back to the oncall room. I had to leave to before I went off on Mer.

"Lexie? Is everything alright?" Mark says as I close and lock the door.

I sit down next to him and rest my head on his shoulder. "Can we just stay like this for a minute, no talking, just sitting here together?" I say, I just want to be with Mark right now, alone, just the two of us.

"Yeah, of course." He kisses me on my forehead.