House

Lexie's POV

"Lexie, your scans are normal. But, I want to keep you for one more night to monitor. Then you'll be free to go home." Derek says. "I hear congratulations are in order."

"Thank you. I am so ready to be out of this hospital room." I say. "Where is Mark?"

"I'm not sure, do you want me to check if he has a surgery?" Derek says.

"No, I'll go check." I say.

"Okay, Mer and I are having Sophia over to play with Zola and Bailey, do you want to bring the twins, I thought they could finally meet their cousins." Derek says.

"Of course. I'll tell Mark." I say.

Alex's POV

"Hey, Jo?" I say.

"Yes Dr. Karev?" Jo says.

"Would you like to go to dinner, tonight, if you're not oncall." I say.

"Okay, my shift is over at 8:30, pick me up then." Jo says.

"Alright." I say. "See you later."

I walk away to my patient, he needs his appendix removed.

6 Hours Later

It's now 8:15, I change out of my scrubs and into my suit. When I am ready for my date it is around 8:27. So I go to the lobby and wait for Jo.

It's been about five minutes, when I see her coming down the stairs. She is in a short black dress.

"Hey. You look beautiful." I say to Jo.

"Thank you." Jo says. We walk out to my car.

"Are we actually going on a date?" Jo asks.

"Yeah, I have a reservation at nine." I say.

"People like us don't go on dates. We just talk and get to know each other while drinking beers." Jo says.

"You know that kind of sounds like a date. Is that what you'd rather do?" I ask.

"Yeah, it sound way better to me." Jo says.

"Yeah, it does. To Joe's or my place?" I say.

"Your place." Jo says.

We get there and sit on the sofa. "I'll grab our beers and popcorn." I say. I walk inti the kitchen and grab beers and popcorn the popcorn.

I walk back into the living room and sit next to Jo.

"Let's get to know each other. What was your childhood like?" Jo says.

"Childhood isn't my favorite topic. I had a rough one. Can we talk about something else?" I say.

"It's okay, my childhood wasn't that great either. I'll tell you about mine. I didn't know my parents, my mom dropped me off at a church, never saw her again. I grew up get kicked out of orphanages, until I was sixteen and got a car, well stole a car. Then I lived in it. Druggies would sometimes hit the windows, and I had to pray that they would go away, sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. My high school teacher let me in early so I could take a shower and eat something. I don't like talking about my life too much either. But I feel like I an trust you. Besides what good would it be for you to tell everyone. Its not going to do anything to me." Jo says.

"Jo, I'm sorry." I don't know what else to say to her.

"No, I hate when people say they're sorry, it's not their fault, it's not for them to be sad about." Jo says.