Dinner Party

Meredith's POV

"Derek, get Zola dressed! People are going to start arriving soon!" I yell to Derek as I'm dressing Bailey.

"Okay!" He yells back, then I see him walk into Zola's room and help her pick out a dress.

The doorbell rings, so I go down to the front down, holding Bailey and open the door, Mark, Lexie, and Sophia are the first to arrive.

"Hey!" Lexie says.

"Hi, you guys are the first to arrive. Derek's getting Zola dressed, but when he done, Sophia and Zola can play in her room together." I say.

"Alright." Mark says, then he takes Sophia out of Lexie's arms and go into Zola room and begin talking to Derek.

"Okay, I just can't hold it in any longer, Mer, I'm pregnant!" Lexie says.

"Really? Lex, that's amazing!" I say, "Zola has been needing cousin to boss around." We both laugh.

"So, I need to talk to you." Lexie says.

"Okay, what's this about?" I say.

"Mer, I'm so scared to become a mom, and what I really want to know, do you think Mark with propose." Lexie says.

"Don't worry, you will be an amazing mom, and I know Mark will propose, he loves you more than anything in this world." I say, trying to comfort her.

Derek's POV

"Hey." I say as Mark walks into the Zola's room.

"Lexie told you, right?" Mark says referring to the pregnancy.

"Yeah, she told me before our surgery. I guess she was just really happy to be having your child." I say.

"Yeah, we don't really know how to explain it to Sophia yet, but we will figure out a way, we always do." Mark says.

"So, is it hard juggling two kids?" Mark asks.

"Well, it's hard at first, parenthood is never easy, but it gets better. And you won't have both kids at all time, Callie and Arizona will have Sophia a lot too. Lexie will be a great mom, and you will continue to be a great father." I say. I really believe they will be great parents.

"Thanks, I think that is what I needed to hear." Mark says. "So onto the real question." Mark opens a ring. "Will you hold this for me, I don't want to risk Lexie finding it. She goes on these cleaning sprees. I really think its time I propose." Mark says.

"Of course. Mark, you and Lexie have been together for less than two months, after a long break, you know I have to ask, are you just marrying her because she's pregnant?" I say, then grab the ring and put it in Zola's sock drawer, "Lexie won't look in here." I say.

"No, I'm marrying Lexie because I love her, and I want to be there for her when she hurts, I want to be her husband. Thanks for holding the ring." Mark says.

"Okay. I'm kind of glad you went behind my back and started a relationship with Lexie, you seem to make her really happy, and she makes you happy." I say.

"Thanks, I'm glad I went behind your back too." Mark picks up Sophia and I pick up Zola and we walk into the living room. Then the doorbell rings.

I open it to Amelia and Owen. "Hey! I didn't know you guys would be arriving together." I say. I know Cristina and Owen broke up, and Amelia had a date a month ago, and several since then. Could she be seeing Owen? Am I okay with that?

I pull Amelia over, "Are you and Hunt a thing?" I ask her.

"Well, we went out a couple of times, and I spent some nights at his apartment, if that's what you're asking." Amelia says.