*Chapter Seven*

*Chapter Seven*

Aurora headed out of the class as fast as she could when the bell rang. She was eager to escape the various stares, some murderous while others curious. She stopped when she saw a pair of fuchsia wedges stopping in front of her. Aurora quickly went to her right only for someone else with perfectly manicured toenails to block her again. Infuriated, she glanced up, her expression the exact opposite of pleasant.

“You’re Aurora, right?” a short girl with way too much makeup said in her shrill voice. Aurora had never wished for an ear plug more than she did right then.

Upon closer inspection, Aurora linked the two girls in front of her with the two followers of Cadence in the canteen earlier in the day. Aurora never had the chance to reply. She felt someone’s vice-like grip grab onto her forearm. Aurora relaxed herself, letting herself being dragged. They took a detour, making sure that no one saw them. The trio stopped in front of a dilapidated building, its walls covered in mosses and its paints chipped from rain and storm.

“This is a warning,” she heard one of them snarl. “Stay away from Adrian.”

Aurora couldn’t help but feel her lips twist up.

Bull’s-eye.

“Are you retarded? Did you just smile?”

Someone gripped onto her collar, pushing her against the wall with uncannily strong strength. It was the shorter one, wearing fewer clothes than someone planning to go for a swim. Aurora gently placed her hand onto the girls, inciting a deep snarl from her.

“Don’t touch me with your dirty hands!” the girl screeched.

“Since you guys said Adrian and since I saw you with Cadence earlier today, can I assume that Cadence will be coming here as well?” Aurora asked sweetly.

Her head was suddenly whipped to a side from the force of a slap, and Aurora could feel her cheeks burn from the contact. Still keeping that smile on her face, she straightened herself.

“Can I?” she asked again, this time her voice lower than earlier as a dangerous tone seeped into her voice.

The short one’s eyes widened in fear, and Aurora slapped her hand away from her neck, focusing on the other, taller one. Unlike the shorty, the other one didn’t seem to be scared of her.

“It’s fine with me,” Aurora said monotonously. “I’m not in a good mood at the moment, and I’m warning you that I won’t go easy on you,” she paused and cocked her head to the shorter one, “especially when I know that you’re not human.”

“Stephanie,” the taller one said, taking off her jacket and throwing it onto the dirt, “leave her to me. Tell Cadence not to come.”

Aurora feigned astonishment as shorty scrambled away, not looking back once at her friend.

“I’m impressed. You’re actually considerate for someone who doesn’t give a damn about you!”

“Cadence saved me,” she said, her dark eyes shone with emotions. “Since you’re her hindrance, you’re mine too!”

Aurora had to admit that the girl was fast. She had no chance of keeping up, and she received hit after hit. What was going on? Two non-humans in a day? Aurora bent over, blood dripping down her chin.

“I’m Veronica,” the girl said, pulling her hair back and forcing Aurora to look up. Malice was clear in her eyes. “Stay away from Adrian, get it?” she said, smirking at her.

Veronica released Aurora, and Aurora fell over, her hair falling over her face.

“This is just a warning,” she said before kicking her in the stomach. “Next time, it -”