Sol 71

I may have unnecessarily yelled at Mark more than I probably should have... I mean, come on, the conversation was live! But then again, how do you not get pissed?

Mark grinned the whole time, and when I finished, he shrugged and walked away. We were back in the Hab at this point and his antics were HIGHLY frustrating. Rolling my eyes and making a strangling position with my hands I stalked off to my room to read a book.

However, it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, judging by the fact that I'd read it three times already. It was supposed to be my favourite, but it was honestly making me want to scratch my eyes out more that this damn planet wanted to suffocate me.

I swear, the boredom plaguing me was almost insufferable and pretty much unbearable. Oh well, I made it this long, huh?

My legs began to ache, still healing and scratched up but at least I get to go home with hella awesome scars! If I get home, that is. If we get home, even. Gosh, this whole 'we' thing was hard. I mean, I'd liked Mark for a while already, and I knew I wasn't going to get a better kisser, but something told me to take a step back. What if I get too attached and he dies? Or the other way around? I can't live without him right now, I'm not the botanist and he's super clever and funny and a dick at times but that's what you get when you cross handsomeness with cockiness.

I yawned, wanting to do something productive but knowing that if I moved now I would probably kill myself so I called out for my... what was Mark to me now? Boyfriend? Lover? Friend with benefits? Smooch-buddy? I sighed and just yelled his name instead, no sexual innuendo intended.

"Yes, pumpkin?" He asked, eyes crossed in the doorway as he sat beside me on the bed.

"I'm bored. Read to me?" I pleaded, widening my eyes to look like puppy's and he rolled his, laughing but still laying down beside me to begin reading.

"What've we got here... Before I Fall? Are you kidding me?" I pouted visibly, pushing my hands together in a praying motion.

"Please, Mark?" I begged, smiling innocently up at him as he chuckled and groaned a little before opening the book and reading off the last chapter.

The way he read was mesmerising and soon enough his soft voice was enough to make my eyes droop a little. The occasional rumble in his voice here and there sent vibrations from his chest to my cheek as we lay together, enjoying each other's company.

One arm was wrapped around my back, hand resting on my hip, the other holding the book up as he read to me, sweet as honey and soft as... cheese?

A few hours passed and eventually the only sounds were the wind smashing up against the Hab and Mark's gentle snoring, as I gave his cheek a quick peck before repositioning my head on his chest and letting the rise and fall of his chest lull me into a dreamless sleep.

Sorry that was so short 😂