Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s POV
"Wow." I said.

We were parked out front of Goode High School, but Percy and I didn't make a move to step outside the car. A lot of kids were entering the big brownstone building being greeted by Paul Blofis, who I met a few days ago.

"Just relax." Sally said to me, not really sounding relaxed. "It's only an orientation tour."

"Right. Just an orientation tour." I said still looking out the window.

She looked at Percy. "And remember, dear, this is Paul's school. So try not to-"

"Destroy it?" Percy said finishing her sentence.

"Yes."

"Does Paul know the truth about us?" I asked Sally.

Sally tapped her fingers nervously on the steering wheel.

"I thought we should wait, so we don't scare him away." She smiled. "I'm sure orientation will be fine, and it's only for one morning."

"Great," Percy mumbled. "We'll get expelled before we start the school year."

"Come on, Percy," I said. "Think positive. Besides tomorrow we're going back to camp!"

"(Y/N) is right. And let's not forget about your date after orientation-"

"Mom please stop." Percy said, sliding down to his seat.

"Stop what?" Sally asked innocently.

I laughed, knowing what Sally was trying to do.

"You know what." Percy said.

"All I'm saying is that you have a date with your girlfriend."

I moved from my spot at the backseat to the space in between Percy and Sally.

"Yeah, Percy, it's our first date."

"I know."

"First date." Sally echoed.

Percy groaned and looked at us.

"The two women I love the most are ganging up on me."

Sally and I just laughed and high fived each other. I swear Sally is like my second mom to me.

"Sorry Percy, we were just joking." I said as I gave him a smile.

"Ok you two, you'd better get inside. I'll see the both of you tonight." Sally said.

"Right. See you later, Sally!" I said before climbing out of the car.

Percy opened the passenger door and was about to step out when he looked over the steps of the school. His eyes widened a bit.

I followed his gaze but I only saw Paul greeting a girl with frizzy red hair with a maroon T-shirt and ratty jeans that was decorated with marker drawings. She turned a bit, showing her face. I looked back at Percy.

"Percy? What's wrong?" Sally asked him.

"I-It's nothing." He stammered. "Does the school have a side entrance?"

I glanced back at the red haired girl before looking back at Percy.

'Does Percy know that girl?'

"It's down the block on the right." Sally said. Why?"

"I'll see you later." Percy said as he got out of the car.

He grabbed my hand and we started speed walking to the side entrance.

"Don't look back." Percy said.