Prologue

Prologue:

“Okay, here are the keys Ms. Ramirez.” said the real estate agent.

 I grabbed the keys swiftly smiling at him, “Thank you!” I said as I left the real estate office and headed towards my red Jeep Wrangler where my  friends Heather, Mia, and Lola were waiting.

 “Do you have the keys?” they asked in unison when I got to the jeep.

 “Yep, I sure do!” I responded as I started the engine and put on my seatbelt.

“YEAH!!! Lake Trinity here we come! When summer’s over we're going to be seniors!!!” Heather exclaimed.

 “Yay, another year in hell.” I said sarcasticaly.

 “Come on, school's fun!” Mia said pulling out another one of her books form her purse.

The Scarlett Letter. Was on the book cover as she opened it to the page she had left off on.

 “No it's not!” we shouted back as I drove out of the parking lot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 “Here you go Mr. Rivera!” said the real estate agent as he handed me the keys.

 “Thanks Mr.--” I trailed off, not remembering his last name.

 “Don’t worry, my last name isn't necessary. Good-bye.” he gave me a sly grin.

 I looked at him weirdly and gravved the house keys, “Okay, thanks again!” I said as I left the office and headed towards my black pick-up truck where my three friends Blake, Liam, and Jesse were waiting.

 “You got the keys and contract?” asked Blake.

 “Yeah!” I said as we drove out of the parking lot and towards our houses so we could pack for summer vaction! This would be fun no parents, staying up late, and most of all hot girls in bikinis at the lake. Well there had to be at least one.