Lovely Revenge & New Schemes

Chapter 3

Kari’s POV

I opened my eyes looking down at the ground below me with a daze. I was hanging from the tree, attempting to put the snakes in the boys tent, trying not to fall, make noise, ohhhhhh and did I mention that my foot was tangled in the damn Christmas lights that they never took down- which at this moment I’m grateful for since they saved me from hitting the ground face-first! God, Heather, Mia, and Lola are so on my death list. Seriosuly how did I always somehow ended up in this messes??? It was mostly Lola's fault like when she got us arrested. I sighed remembering how I got tangled in this mess in the first place.

FLASHBACK

 It was night, around 1:30 AM, the guys had gone to sleep and we were waiting for Lola to come back from Walmart and the post office, where my dad had somebody from his company drop off the package we needed.

 We heard the door close quietly and saw Lola enter the kitchen carrying two bags from walmart and a medium-sized shipping box. I still can't believe I let her drive my jeep. It better not be scrathched!

“Okay. I have the cheap translucent string, the container, the Scarlet Kingsnakes Kari’s dad sent- everything we need to get back at them!” she said as she put the stuff down quietly on the kitchen table.

 “Okay. We're ready.” as we set to work I took the snakes from their cage while Heather and Mia set up the container and Lola did nothing (Well, if you count eating the chocolate cake I made nothing.) since she said, and I quote, ‘I went and picked the snakes and went to Walmart so you’re setting up the prank.’ I just think she's too lazy to do anything else.

I looked up from the snakes to see that Heather and Mia where looking at me in awe.

“What?” I asked.

“Well, it's just that you’ve always had a way with animals, you’ve never been afraid of snakes or anything! Except that you find cockroaches, mice, and rats disgusting, but that's fine, I mean who doesn’t!” Heather said.

“Okay, I have no idea where you got the cockroaches, mice, and rats from in that sentence but I’m going to go along with it.”

“I don’t know how she got that either, but then again, I don’t know half of what I’m saying most of the time.” Lola said while stuffing her face with cake. Which was a disgusting sight I might add.

“Well, my dad does own one of the largest wild life preserves in the U.S! I do spend most of my time there -if I'm not taking pics or hanging out with you guys- and my dad is into the entire 'Make the World Green' thing like your parents.” I said.

 “Yeah, well, we're all set. Let's just put the snakes in the container and tie the string to it.” Mia said.

When that was done, we went to the window that was closest to the boys tent (It was only two yards in front of it, and also my bedroom window.) and examined the tree outside the window that had branches over the tent.

We all started to decide who was going to climb the tree and put the snakes.

“I can’t do it, I’ve been scared of heights ever since the plane crash.” Heather shuddered.

“I’m just going be noisy, and most likely fall.” Mia grinned sheepishly.

“I’m not doing it! I can't be quiet for more than a minute and I'll most likely burst out singing the Agent P theme song.” Lola said holding her hands up.