Chapter 17

The sun was blinding when Merida woke up. Her heart was heavy and full of sorrow. Hiccup shouldn't be the one to be sentenced to death, it should me Mccintosh.

"Lady, the queen wants to see you downstairs. She said you should join them eat." Their maid said.

Merida followed her down to see the tables arranged. Queen Elinor and King Fergus sat across each other while an unoccupied seat was waiting for here beside the queen. She sat on the chair and stared at hee food.

The royal family eat quietly, until Queen Elinor spoke, "That viking will be sentenced to death tomorrow."

Merida was still silent. She didn't touch her food or even bother to argue. The lady knew that she cannot win an arguement with her mother.

"I'll be up to my room." Merida stood and went upstairs.

She sighed, thinking about every moment she had with Hiccup. She even remembered how his lips felt nd how he looked her in the eyes. But now, all those memories will be gone, if she do not take action.

Merida thought of a way to help him. She knew she needed him. She knew that her heart beats for him. Whenever his eyes stared at hers, sparks flew. When his lips met hers, butterflies fluttered in her stomach. Besides, it was suppose to be Macintosh. He should be up the one sentenced to death. He and his son. It was them who gave trouble. That's why it was them needed to be punished.

How come the queen can't see how dirty Macintosh's hands are?

Who was she kidding? Macintosh would make up a figure that would make them look like they were on their side. But Merida can see through his lies.

***

Hiccup was dragged in the middle of the crowd. The guards pushed him on the ground, placing his head on top of a rock.

"We gather here today, to see this man die for his crimes, for burning our ships, and for killing the other clans." Queen Elinor announced as she nodded to King Fergus.

King Fergus unsheathed his sword, wiping it with a white cloth. He looked down to see the viking leaning on a stone. He raised his sword up to his head. Hiccup closed his eyes, accepting the fact that he was about to die. The king slashed the sword, but it never reached Hiccup's neck. The king's sword was blocked by another sword.

"Merida!" King Fergus exclaimed.

"I will not let you kill him!" She yelled, her tears rolling down her cheeks. Her sword clanged on the ground as she went to lean and cover Hiccup. "If you will kill him, you'll have to kill me too." She added.

"Merida, don't do this." Queen Elinor pleaded.