Chapter 22

"What are you talking about?" Hiccup asked confused.

    "Can I speak to him?" Merida asked. "Alone?"

    The king and queen nodded. Merida looked at Leopold, who was standing beside them the whole time. Leopold's eyes seemed to warn her not to blow this up or Hiccup was done for.

    Merida dragged Hiccup inside the castle with the king and queen, Leopold, lord Macintoshーwho just watched silentlyーand the men following behind. She ran upstairs as Hiccup let her drag him. They went inside Merida's room and closed the door.

    "Merida? What's happening?" Hiccup asked, holding Merida's arm. Merida was silent. There was silence, except for the sound of them catching their breaths and their throbbing hearts ringing in their ears.

    "What's he talking about?" Hiccup asked, breaking the silence.

    "You have to go, Hiccup. Leave me here and take your mother home with you. She is imprisoned below the deck of Macintosh's ship. Save her and go." Merida answered coldly. Her hands trembled as she speak.

    "Why would I have to go?" He asked again, his eyes watering. "I want to stay here. I want to stay here Merida, with you. We'll go through this together and we'll expose the truth once we find enough evidence against the Macintosh. Don't give up just yet."

    "No, Hiccup." Merida said. She almost praised herself for keeping her eyes dry and her voice steady, even though deep inside, she's crumbling. "I don't love you. I never did. It's a misunderstanding, Hiccup. I probably just felt like I loved you because of how you showed kindness towards me. But please, go now Hiccup. I had a good time with you, but you have to get back."

    Hiccup was speechless, his heart was breaking. He have no idea what to do or what to believe. "You're not telling the truth, Merida." His voice cracking. "You're lying!"

    "I don't love you!" Merida exclaimed, holding back a sob. But her eyes betrayed her, letting tears roll down her cheeks.

    "You saved me from your father because you love me, right?" Hiccup asked, trying to pull her closer, but she kept pushing him away.

    "No, I just returned your kind gesture." Merida answered, her voice quivered.

    Hiccup tried to grab hold her, but she swatted his hand away. "Look at me!" He exclaimed, louder than he expected.

    Merida shook her head, not wanting to see how broken he was. "Look at me and tell me you don't love me!" Hiccup yelled. With that, Leopold came rushing in with two men. "Look at me!" The men pulled Hiccup to the door as he tried to let go of their grip. "Let go of me! She have to tell me first. She have to look at me and tell me! Merida, I know you love me. Please, don't do this." Hiccup yelled.

    Love. Why would it have to end this way? She was inlove with a man who held her as a prisoner. That man helped her escape until she realized the truth. She had falled for him, deeply fallen for him than she expected. She had saved him because she really love him. Someday he'll forgive her. Someday he'll find another girl. Someday he'll forget she existed. Someday he'll know she did this for him. Someday they'll heal from the wounds left by choice between life and death.

    She looked at his eyes. They were full of sorrow. She swallowed before saying four painful words, "I don't love you."

    "No." Hiccup whispered. "No! You're lying to me, Merida." He was crying. She wanted to take it back so badly. She wanted to wipe his tears. But it's too late now.

    "Make him leave." Merida said.

    "Good job." Leopold whispered before leaving.

    Merida stared at herself in the mirror beside her table. This is not her. She have to fight for Hiccup. But what if Mccintosh's men were all ready kill Hiccup once She decided that she had made the wrong  choice to marry Leopold?

    "I have to do this." Merida whispered to herself.

-------------
Author's Note: THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED. Don't mind the spellings and cliche dialogues. I'll edit that soon.

Vote, Comment and Share

FanFicReader26 <3