Chapter 18

The princess stared at her mother's eyes. Her tears rolled down her cheeks as she tried to think of something to say. Why would she do this? Why would she risk her throne for a viking who made her a prisoner without any proof?

"Why are you doing this, Merida?" Queen Elinor asked, her eyes pleaded for answer.

"Answer your mother, lass!" The king bellowed.

"Because," Merida said, sobbing. "I-I love him, mom."

The crowd gasped, their whispers to one another overpowered the silence. But Merida did not care, this was her chance to tell her mother what she felt.

"Please, for now, will you please listen to me?" She said, her sobs in between her words. "You've been ordering me around for so long, choosing what's best for me when I know it isn't. I should make my own choice, I should make my own decision. I have the right to do so. Mom, do you even know what I'm feeling? I feel like a bird, trapped in a small cage.

"You've been taking away my freedom, Mom! I don't care what you all think about me at this moment." Merida said, hugging Hiccup tighter. "I love Hiccup, and you will not force me to do a thing against my will. I will not marry Mccintosh whatever it takes. And If you cannot respect my choices, then I'm not your princess anymore."

King Fergus dropped his sword. "Why? Why this viking? Why take down your place as a princess to be with this man?" He asked.

She stood, staring at the king. "Because even as a princess, I still feel incomplete." Merida answered before she turned to look at Hiccup, her lips formed a sad smile. "He made me complete."

Queen Elinor walked up to them, pulling Merida into a tight hug. "I am so sorry, dear. I've been so serious at my place being the queen that I forgot to be a mother. I will no longer choose for you and will force you to marry Mccintosh."

"I am sorry too, mom." Merida hugged her mother back.

When the Queen pulled away from the hug, she stared at her child. "You finally learned to love someone, lassie." She whispered. "I'm happy for you." Merida hugged the queen back.

"Thank you, mom." She whispered back.

"This boy will no longer be sentenced to death, but we will still have to know who killed the clans, aye? He is in the princess's care and no one could ever harm him." The queen announced as King Fergus removed the rope from Hiccup's hands.

Just as the queen had finished announcing, lord Macintosh went to protest. "But, my lady queen, the marriage will still go on, won't it?" He asked. Queen Elinor shook her head.

"Haven't you heard me, lord Macintosh?" The Queen asked. "I made my daughter choose for herself and it is very clear that she choose this man." She pointed at Hiccup.

Hiccup turned to the man. "It was him." Hiccup whispered to Merida. "That's the guy who took my mother."

"But even if we say it, they won't listen to us." Merida whispered back.

"We'll search for my mom, if we successfully find her, we will expose what a criminal they really are." Hiccup said as he flashed a smile. "Sounds good?" Merida nodded.

Mccintosh stared at the two. He turned his gaze to Hiccup as he smiled like a maniac without anyone noticing. "Do you really want this man go around with your precious daughter? Someone like him who killed the clans?" Mccintosh asked, his voice full of power.

"We will investigate, lord Mccintosh." The Queen said. "Be patient."

"But he's a viking, we all know how vikings act like. They are savage, always at war, and they even kill innocent people. Who knows, he might have been making the princess fall for him so he can take over the kingdom."

Hiccup's breathing became heavy, his hands curled into fists. Merida held his hand, making his tensed body relax. He looked down to face Merida, realizing how much taller he is to her. The princess looked up to face him, staring at him.

Merida turned to lord Macintosh. "You don't know what you're saying." She said firmly. Lord Macintosh just gave her an annoying smile.

"We will figure something out." The queen said. "As for now, you are all dismissed."

The queen turned to Hiccup, "And for you, you will stay here for now until we know who really attacked the clans' ships. Merida, show this man his room."

"Yes, mom." Merida bowed, and so did Hiccup. The queen was surprised by her daughter's gesture, for this is the first time she ever bowed to her.

------
Author's Note:

How is it? Is it good? bad? Huhuhu tell meeee! T^T I wanna know what do y'all u think about my story so far :3
Yesterday's the 2nd day of school and we already have an assignment. Curse Mathemathics.
Anyway, if you like this chapter, don't forget to comment, vote. and share.

Love,
FanFicReader26