Chapter 29

Merida ran to the throne room to talk to her mother and father. "Mom, Dad, I sent a friend to Berk and invited them here. We have to tell them ourselves that we are not guilty of what happened to the chief's wife."

     "I'm glad we'll be meeting the chief. A lot may have happened, but we can still forgive each other. If they want to, we could also form an alliance with them." Queen Elinor said as she smiled.

    "What if they don't believe us?" King Fergus asked Elinor, placing a hand on her shoulder.

     "You're right." Queen Elinor said, her smile suddenly turned to frown. She placed a hand below her chin as she thought of a way to prove the vikings that they are not guilty.

    "Your Highness, I'm sorry to interrupt your talk. But I want you to know that I can help." Valka said, bowing. "Stoik is my husband. He would believe me, especially when I'm safe and sound."

    "Thank you, Valka." Queen Elinor said, standing up from her throne to hug Valka.

     Valka was surprised at first, but she decided hugged back. It was the queen after all.

****

    "Make sure you stay put." Stoik said firmly as they were about to descend to the grounds of Highlands.

    "Chief Stoik, don't worry." Astrid said assuringly.

    "I don't trust them." Stoik said as his dragon landed on the grassy field of the kingdom.

    They went to the tremendous door of the castle to see Queen Elinor and Valka talking to each other and laughing.

   "Valka?" Stoik asked, stunned to see his wife.

    The women stopped talking. "Stoik?" Valka asked as she turned to the doors to see Stoik standing beside his best friend Gobber. Behind them were a bunch of other Vikings.

     "Stoik!" She exclaimed, running to her husband with open arms.

    Stoik kissed Valka and held her as if he was afraid that she might disappear if he let an eye off her. "Oh Valka, what happened?" Stoik asked, caressing Valka's cheeks.

    "I was imprisoned by the Scotts. The king and queen are innocent, they did not order the men to take me away from Berk.

     "Don't worry Stoik, the men who took me are dead." Valka said. "You don't have to worry anymore, my dear Stoik."

    "Oh thank Odin!" Stoik exclaimed as he turned to face the queen.

    Stoik bowed as King Fergus entered the throne room. "My lady queen, thank you for having us here." He started. "Since our misunderstanding are clear and we're already here, I would like to discuss a peace treaty with your kingdom and share our livestock with you as you share yours to us. We hope you accept our offer."

    "Rise Stoik, for we accept and is honored to be having alliance with you." Queen Elinor said.

    "From now on and to the days forward, we are allies." King Fergus added as laughed, clapping Stoik's shoulder.

    They were very happy until Stoik saw no sign of Hiccup. "Where's Hiccup?" He asked.

    Valka held her husband's hand as she silently guided her to the infirmary. Stoik was confused why would his wife lead him there, until he saw him.

    He saw his son lying unconcious on the bed. The princess was beside Hiccup. She slept on a chair, resting her head on the edge of the bed as she held his hand.

    "What happened?" Stoik asked as he draws himself closer to Hiccup.

    "There was a battle between the Mccintosh and Dunbroch." Valka said. "Our son fought bravely to protect the princess." She smiled at the princessーwho was sleeping soundly on a chair beside Hiccup's bed.

    "Oh, son." He whispered as he caressed his son's forehead. "I wish I was there to save you."

    "The princess saved his life, dear. They are so in love that they fought for each other without knowing the consequences." Valka sighed as she continued to stare down at the sleeping princess and his unconcious son.

    "Let's head back to the hall and meet the king and the queen." Valka suggested.

    Stoik nodded as he looked at his wife's eyes. Valka touched his left cheek with her left hand. "Don't worry. Hiccup is a strong man. He will survive this." Valka and Stoik walked out of the infirmary to chat with the king and the queen about their new formed alliance.

-------
Author's Note: Sorry for the grammars and this lame chapter. Gaaah. But I had a great day today. We finally have the CAT officer results. I won the position that I'm running in to!!! YAAAAAY!

Vote.Comment.Share

FanFicReader26 (Miraculous Lady Duck)