SIX

6. Harry.

"Let's take a break from checkers," Louis said to me.

"You sure?" I asked. "You certain you don't want to rub it in my face about beating me?"

"I'm certain. Puts some clothes on. Let's go out today."

"Alright. Let's call it a date."

I searched through my closet. Not being able to find anything to wear. It was stressing, even though it was just Louis. I made it a joke saying it was a date, but now I really believed it. I felt like a frantic school girl. I decided to just go casual and dress normal, but I felt stupid. Though I ignored those thoughts and went downstairs anyway. Louis doesn't care what I wear. He's seen me in all of my clothes and without all of my clothes. He doesn't care, I kept telling myself. I went downstairs and out to the car Louis was sitting in. "Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You'll see," he replied simply.

He drove down the street and out of the city. After forty minutes I knew where we were going. "Doncaster?"

"Yep. People will be less likely to attack us." He then proceeded to park in front of his mother's house. "Unfortunately she's out now, but we just need a place to park." He got out of the car and I was still very curious as to where he was taking me. We first went to the place where he use to be a waiter. People recognized us but since they actually knew Louis they didn't act like a crazed fan. It was definitely a good idea to visit Doncaster instead of the city.

After eating, Louis and I walked down the street and to a costume shop since Halloween was coming up. He tried on a Batman costume and I put on the Joker costume.

"Should we fight?" he asked me.

"Duh. I stole your woman. Kill me."

He laughed and tumbled across the floor. "Come at me."

We wrestled around the store and chased each other. Batman won - of course. We eventually got kicked out (after the owner asked us for our autographs) and then went to the small mall they had. "What are we doing here?" I asked, because I knew we weren't shopping.

"Stalking."

"What?"

"Let's find someone and stalk them. It'll be fun."

"Fun?"

"Yes. Now come on, find a unique looking person."

I looked around at the people and saw some girl in sunglasses that looked like she'd have a fun reaction. "Her." I pointed at the girl and Louis nodded.

"Perfect," he said with a smile. "But first-" He pulled me into a store and we bought sunglasses and matching fedoras. I put my curls into the hat and Louis pulled out a mustached - because he literally was carrying a mustached around. "Now let's find her and stalk her. If she turns around, hide." He crouched down low and snuck along the edges of the wall. He motioned for me to do the same. I laughed at him, because he's by far insane. We spotted the girl quickly and walked too casual, making it look unnatural. The girl stopped to look at a booth and we jumped into one of the stores. She started to walk back in the other direction, so we stood in the window like mannequins. It was a teenage girl store, so we tried to stand like a girl...but that didn't go over too well.

Once she passed by we continued to follow her. She went up the escalator and the second we reached the top, Louis shouted at the top of his lungs, screaming bloody Mary, "MY SHOELACE!" Everyone turned around to see, and when I turned to look at Louis - he was gone, or at least he was trying to be gone. He was trying to hide and go down the up escalator, but he wasn't going far.

Eventually, we left the mall and our stalking ways. It started to sprinkle a little and I said, "I love this type of rain. Not too heavy."

Though of course I didn't knock on wood. A few seconds later it started to pour down rain, and we had parked clear across town. He grabbed my hand and we bolted for it. He smiled back at me, and at first I thought it was a snide smile, like he was going farther in the game because he was the one who took my hand. Though then I saw the glint in his eyes, and it was a genuine, loving smile - one that made my heart soar. We climbed into his car and tried to catch our breath.

"You're crazy, but that's why I love you," I told him.

He smiled at me, and it was another smile I gushed over. "Let's just sit here," he said.

"And do what?"

"Talk."

"About what?"

"Everything."

And we did talk about everything. Louis and I told each other everything about our day, but we didn't talk about stuff as much. We talked about childhood memories we hadn't shared yet, religion, places we wanted to go to, our fears, everything. It was one of those talks that you would remember having but wouldn't remember the content of. It was a beautiful, memorable talk. We talked so long his mother came home.