7. Little Legend

~ Bailey’s Point of view ~

I watched as Karma changed into something more of the occasion as we flew over the Pacific Ocean.

Damn, even his back is toned. He's so physically attractive without even trying it brings out my inner pervert.

Karma turned around and caught me staring, then smirked.

I'm starting to get used to him like this, being so cocky and all. I feel like there's nothing to be embarrassed about anymore.

I raised my middle finger before turning to my good friend and pilot, Sidiq Khamirr, an assassin I bumped into when me and my brother were dealing with a German war monger.

He owes me big time and this should be a good way to repay things.

"Tvoy paren', ya polagayu?" Your boyfriend, I presume?

"Net, on prosto drug ya obeshchal interesnuyu noch'." Nah, he's just a friend I promised an interesting night with.

"Proniknuv na aristokratskiy auktsion? Zvuchit dostatochno interesno." By infiltrating an aristocrat auction? Sounds interesting enough. He laughed. "Vy uvereny, chto rebenok mozhet spravit'sya s etoy missiyey." You sure that kid can handle this mission?

"Ya uveren v etom." I'm confident about this one.

I walked back to a formal looking Karma and handed him an earpiece. "Put these on at all times, understood? I installed a tracker in it so don't worry about the directions, but just in case these are the blueprints of the manor." I gave him my phone and pointed at the main building. "You'll be heading there where the auction is being held, my client's already aware of what you look like hence she'll be with you shortly as her date."

"Date? So you're setting me up with older women?" He questioned skeptically.

"Veronica's around our age."

"No girl our age is allowed in a patrician black market."

"Not if they're rich. Veronica is the only child of a British noblewoman who recently passed away. Our target is Veronica's abusive stepfather who deprived her of her birthright and claimed the riches left by her dear mother. They're here because Hugo Dela Fuerto, Veronica's stepdad, has been keeping his eyes on a specific artifact dedicated to an Egyptian God, Horus." I showed him the images of the people I've mentioned to familiarize him. "Keep my client occupied, lead her somewhere far from her stepfather's reach and use your gun if the situation demands it. Don't let Veronica die at all costs, she's been through enough pain since her mother died."

Karma put in his earpiece as he eyed Veronica's image. "You seem to care for her a lot, why is that?"

"When she called me up for this mission, it was after her drunken stepfather raped her. That day she was on the brink of suicide until she begged me to do this." I dug my nails into my palm. "I'll save her, one way or the other."

"I see. While I'm with your client, where would you be?"

Beside the manor sat an old cathedral that has been abandoned for years.

I pointed it out to him and said, "I've set up my equipment in that bell tower yesterday, it's tall enough to get a good view of the windows. Sidiq will cut off the power at my signal, by then I'll have a few seconds before their back-up power kicks in. This mission rides on me making a one-shot kill from a far distance, thus failure is a luxury I can't afford."

From the bag I gave earlier, Karma pulled out two hand guns and hid it in his suit. "As tempting as a riffle, 45 cal, and a shotgun may seem, I'm only taking these two with me."